Embossed vacuum sealed bags

david1976

I'm looking to find the cheapest supplier of these bags for my vacuum sealing machine. Looking for individual bags rather than rolls. The cheapest I have found so far per bag including vat and p&p works out at:

Culinary Innovations
15x30 cm £0.13
20x30 cm £0.17
25x35 cm £0.24
30x40 cm £0.32

Fresherpack
12x16 cm £0.13
16x23 cm £0.16
15x30 cm £0.16
20x30 cm £0.27
25x35 cm £0.30

I have seen other companies such as weschenfelder however they are more expensive. Anyone know of anywhere cheaper?

Cheers

david

Cheers Deerman,

I have had a look but with their multiple item postage costs it makes the bags more expensive for 100.

David

Hi David, I use the fresherpack stuff and personally prefer to use the rolls as you then have less wastage by only cutting off as much as you need. The rolls are about 30cm wide.
Good luck.
MS :)

I use a Eiffel Pro £120 off flea bay good kit, however it still struggles with clear bags , I find that the Grooved bags and rolls are best , I prefer the rolls , less waste , and just cut to size , cost wise about £ 10.00 per 6 mtr roll inc pp, I wish there was a univeral bag that worked with all machines !!
I also have a fresherpack vacuum as a standby ! rolls for this were £ 28.00 for 4x 6mtr rolls , VALUE I THINK , however they allways seem to be out of stock !!.
bulletsandxmasmeat026-1.jpg

bulletsandxmasmeat027.jpg

Happy hunting .
Trapper

Blimey Trapper! There's leaves and dirt all over yer bacon! Did you drop it in the woods or something!? :confused:
Get it in the recipe section!
MS :lol:

David,

I was looking at the prices between Weschenfelder (I usually use them) and fresherpack. Fresherpack are over double the price for the equivalent sizes.

I may change to the other one though as they are a bit cheaper, but they also have other sizes available

J

Thanks Monkey ! :lol:
Already there and ,I was Seasonally challenged ;) ;) . If anything this post has brought out the importance of looking after your hard earned venison . Cost being the high challenge to us all in these dull times . I think the initial outlay is a xxxing bummer , but when you got it in place it all works out !, David 1976 sorry for kinda going on a bit , its your post . I did find buying the cheapest let me down !!! I have 200 bags left over to prove that!! . Mind we are all in for a bargain, maybe someone in Vacuum bag supplies is out there :lol: to cut us all a deal!! :lol:
Regards Trapper.

just wondered if anyone had tried the vac pack bags from scobies?they seem cheap enough, I normally buy mine from bushwear but theyv'e just gone up again, although they are very good and do the job well
ATB Scott

All

Very interested in this post as I use a Tilia/Foodsaver vacuum sealer. Like Trapper, I always buy the rolls and make my own individual bags. Getting hold of the rolls is sometimes a problem.

If anyone wants to pool orders to get a better discount, count me in!

In fact I just bought an identical Tilia sealer from eBay for £10.50 :eek: Handy to have as a back up - I'll also take it to Scotland when we're up there salmon fishing as the others in our party are horny-handed, ham-fisted, sons of the soil so I don't mind if they break my £10.50 version ;)

willie_gunn

Bags

Guys

I have just changed my normal supplier over to Scobbies & to be honest I am finding their bags, seasonings & other kit very good & far cheeper then I was paying elsewhere.

We use branded Vacbags & small Salmon boards to pack Fillets & Rump/haunch steaks & I have about 10 cases of that size of bag left & will then change to clear-with a branded packscan lable as its far cheeper then branded bags I am finding.

Regards Lee

Re: Bags

lwcdart said:
Guys

I have just changed my normal supplier over to Scobbies & to be honest I am finding their bags, seasonings & other kit very good & far cheeper then I was paying elsewhere.

We use branded Vacbags & small Salmon boards to pack Fillets & Rump/haunch steaks & I have about 10 cases of that size of bag left & will then change to clear-with a branded packscan lable as its far cheeper then branded bags I am finding.

Regards Lee

Do Scobies do embossed vacuum bags?

I have had a look at the site but cant see any and as far as i am led to believe i need to use embossed bags with the eiffel pro?

Vac Bags

You do not have to use embossed bags in order to sell to the general public & if anyone has told you this then they are talking crap.

A normal commercial scale lable will have all the legal information on it that could be held on the imbossed vacpac.

You just need the business address, BB4 date, Manufacture Date & temp storage information, this can all be programmed in on seperate PLU's into the scale.

I am still using some imbossed & some clear (joints, diced & Mince), imbossed are only used by us for premium cuts (rump & Fillets).

We are not a large dealers but are cutting up to about 30 bodies a week at the moment for direct & catering trade sales.

Regs Lee

Re: Vac Bags

lwcdart said:
You do not have to use embossed bags in order to sell to the general public & if anyone has told you this then they are talking crap.

A normal commercial scale lable will have all the legal information on it that could be held on the imbossed vacpac.

You just need the business address, BB4 date, Manufacture Date & temp storage information, this can all be programmed in on seperate PLU's into the scale.

I am still using some imbossed & some clear (joints, diced & Mince), imbossed are only used by us for premium cuts (rump & Fillets).

We are not a large dealers but are cutting up to about 30 bodies a week at the moment for direct & catering trade sales.

Regs Lee

Hello Lee

Don't think I have explained myself very well.

What I was meaning was, i thought i had to use the more expensive embossed type bags with the vacuum machine I have - the eiffel freshpack pro.

Someone had previously told me that the normal unembossed and cheaper plastic bags would not work properly so I have never tried them.

Do you think that any type of bag would work?

David.

Bags

David

Sorry I got the wrong end of the stick I am afraid & to be honest I am not aware of what you can & cant use in the smaller non commercial vacpackers.

We use just embossed bags in various sizes, vacpac is a floor standing twin chamber commercial beast, I had confused embossed with Branded-sorry.

Regs Lee

If you have a commercial vacuum packer, then you can buy the normal freezerbags and the machine will suck the air from them and seal it.

If you have a cheaper machine, probably up to the £200 area you will need the embossed bags. This is because the cheaper machines are not capable of sucking the air out of the normal bags (unembossed). In effect the embossed areas aid a weaker machine to pump the air out.

Then we come down to the real cheapies out of lidl etc. These I have used to good effect with cheap asda or tesco freezer bags. These will last a little time but are not for long term storage. These bags become brittle and crack in the freezer, then the air gets in and the meat can get freezer burnt.

8)

Bags

Jingzy

I only use the boxes of commercial bags as we sell on a commercial basis & not for own home food use, our bill just on bags alone is probably £150 a week I suspect for the vacpac, let alone poly trays & salmon boards ect.

I dont think that std freezer bags would be strong enough for us to use for public sale.

Regs Lee

Back