shooting sh

the scudd

just want to know if any of you lads have any experience with this outfit, please share your thoughts the good the bad and the ugly, many thanks

Ive got personal experence of the outfit no no no no no no no no no no no !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do not go there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was a member of ShootingSh for a year. It was a fantastic way of meeting other members of ShootingSh too.
You pay your money and are given a list of places that have been paid by Bob for you to stalk on.
You book your day and place and turn up to find there is already somebody there who also booked the same day and neither of you were told the other was going to be there.
Or you turn up to shoot and meet somebody just leaving that has been there before you, although on some occassions you can also meet others arriving as you leave.
The other thing that may happen also is that you may meet the local lad that has shot there since a kid or you may even get to meet the land owner who tries to make you feel guilty by telling you that Bob hasn't paid him for months !!
The other thing is also that you may turn up and meet a local who asks you what you are looking for and when you say Deer, their reply is "Oh! we haven't seen any of them for years" or "Oh yes, I saw the one the guy shot here yesterday"
I spent a week-end down in Devon where there were supposed to be lots of Reds, never saw a slot let alone a Red. Met the local cow man who said "Oh yes we saw some run across that field last year when we built the new Pheasant pen and there was a lot of work going on in the next estate but haven't seen any since".
It would really only pay to join if you were local to the ground that Bob says he has.

I took 2 Roe on syndicate land in Dorset early December, so apologies to anyone if you turned up afternoon of 10th expecting to see plenty!

I've not had any real problems but there are a number of examples of those that have, so it's best to do a search and see what else has already been written...

Cheers
i.

View attachment 26581View attachment 26582
I took 2 Roe on syndicate land in Dorset early December, so apologies to anyone if you turned up afternoon of 10th expecting to see plenty! I've not had any real problems but there are a number of examples of those that have, so it's best to do a search and see what else has already been written... Cheers i.
If you were on Graham's ground did you see the High Seat I and a mate built. I left shortly after building it but my mate found a couple of 6.5 cases in there so somebody is making use of it.

Last edited:
I spent a week-end down in Devon where there were supposed to be lots of Reds, never saw a slot let alone a Red. Met the local cow man who said "Oh yes we saw some run across that field last year when we built the new Pheasant pen and there was a lot of work going on in the next estate but haven't seen any since".
Really?
What part of Devon would that be?
I took out somebody off this forum a few weeks ago and i don't really think he believed me (or did you?!) that the reds would appear between 17.00 and 18.00 hours, but at 17.50 out they came and he bagged a hind, also no shortage of slot marks:D
Cheers
Richard

No wasn't me... Fantastic high seats though. They should be standing for YEARS!!
Ah, Then the only other places are one by the river and a disused railway line and another farm that is all flat with a disused water tower on it !
Unless he has some more !!!!!

Ah, Then the only other places are one by the river and a disused railway line and another farm that is all flat with a disused water tower on it !
Unless he has some more !!!!!

It was the latter, in the water tower field. He's probably told someone that he has more, but not me...yet!

Really?What part of Devon would that be?I took out somebody off this forum a few weeks ago and i don't really think he believed me (or did you?!) that the reds would appear between 17.00 and 18.00 hours, but at 17.50 out they came and he bagged a hind, also no shortage of slot marks:DCheersRichard
We visited several different places, the general area was Bideford but the Farms were near Hartland, called Pugsleys, Sedborough and Beckland farms.

Must have jinxed mine Richard;)

Really?
I took out somebody off this forum a few weeks ago and i don't really think he believed me (or did you?!) that the reds would appear between 17.00 and 18.00 hours, but at 17.50 out they came and he bagged a hind, also no shortage of slot marks:D
Cheers
Richard

Really?
Cheers
Richard
Are you still a Shooting.Sh member?

Back