Thread: what a great weekend

what a great weekend

well am i glad i never stayed in bed. instead i jamp in the car and picked up a couple of mates and drove for 6 hours up to castle douglas to a spot that i have stalked for a number of years. the only thing that was different was they had 7 foot drifts and some viscious east winds. after reading the same threads as many of you guys on here about stalking in the snow and stalking in an east wind we were close to calling the trip off. but my trips to bony scotland are something i look forward to very much. we arrived at the forest and we were gutted to find we could not possibly stalk half of the area , never mind i said we are here now lets make the most of it morning arrived the wind had eased and at 10 oclock the sun was warming very nicely . the tracks in the snow was telling me that there was plenty of deer about my dog buzz was also telling me that they were quite close he was right 2 minuits later i was in a gully trying to avoid been seen by 4 roe 1 of them being a young doe not carrying any young down she came. the older doe who would have been carrying stood over the dead youngster long enough to take her to but i declined and she ran off with the 2 bucks 1 a young fella and the not so young . just imagine if i had not botherd to come i thought to my self and then gave the dog some well deserved hugs once again it was down to him at 2 oclock on monday it was time to drive the 6hour journey home again but in the back of my truck was 2 does and the first buck of the season and i could have shot another 2 animals and i seen 17 deer in total

WHAT A FANTASTIC WEEKEND Click image for larger version. 

Views:	87 
Size:	70.4 KB 
ID:	26603

Well done Kenny sound like it was worth the trip up.

Hunting isn't just something I do it's part of who I am

Cheers andy it was a belter pal . Did you buy that scope in the end

well rewarded for putting the effort in ,well done.