AOLQ in Essex ?

I have "open" and AOLQ for .17hmr, .222, .243 and .308 but didn't ask for either but they just came on first renewal and then when I had .308 added.

Cheers & ATVB

Philip

Essex Police gave me AOLQ for my 7x57, 7mm Rem Mg, 375H&H & 7x65R Combi gun on any land I have lawful authority to shoot 8 months after my FAC was first issued!!

New Licence arrived in the post 5 minutes ago, with a letter attached, just explaining how to do a replacement moderator and an 18 month time limit.
All rifles now conditioned for "any other lawful quarry" as well the usual "Vermin ground game for the .22lr, Fox vermin and ground game for the 22 Hornet.
The .243 and 7.62x39 for Deer, fox and then the "any other lawful quarry" bit.
Seems if you are persistent that you will get AOLQ in Essex, just the same as an open ticket can be granted for all calibre's well before first re-newal.

Neil. :)

Neil,

Forgive my asking but is the 7.62x39 Conditioned for all deer species on your FAC?

I thought it was OK only for Muntjac/CWD as it's under the 1700 ft./lb threshold in E&W.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7.62x39mm

I put and got AOLQ on my .270, no question asked, with Met Police... I think is very useful if a fox is coming your way or you want to have a go at wild boar for example...

Conditioned for all deer, under powered you say, if you stick to low pressure loads suitable for an AK or SKS
But with a bolt action rifle the 1700ft.lb is within reach with 125 grain bullets.

Neil. :)

I do know that, but you need 125 grs @ 2475 FPS.

That is a very real stretch. There's only 1 load in all the manuals I've got which will do it (an obsolete Ruger 22" ). I doubt if that's possible in the CZ527 18.5" carbine - despite the bolt-action.

Methinks Essex are reading this as a 7.62 Russian (7.62 x 54R) which is called 7.62 Soviet in some books........ whereas they should be looking at 7.62x39 Kalashnikov.

My County wouldn't license it for 'Deer' I know.... only for Muntjac.

I'm a fan of the CZ527, but there's no Lefthand in 7.62x39 made.

When my FAC came back from first renewal .22lr, it came back as open. The applied for variation, .243, would not let me have that open, but on next renewal, that came back open too ( without asking! ). On last renewal, AOLQ added to conditions on both calibres. I've been told that FAC ' s should all have this added now. ( provided you have some kind of game or vermin when applied? )

Back