AOLQ in Essex ?

Hornet 6

Has anybody in Essex got AOLQ on a C/F rifle ?
Even a vermin condition on the .243 would help, but Chelmsford say not for a .243 as the RSPCA say it is "overkill"
I am in the middle of renewal and have an open ticket at the moment if that makes any difference.

Neil. :)

I thought the Home Office wrote the Police guidelines not the RSPCA. What have they got do with it?
Overkill? Apart from dead how much more dead can an animal be?

Noah

Got aolq on me .17hmr .22lr and wait for it 6.5x55 I'm with met thou the RSPCA obviously don't advise them:rofl:

Yep no open ticket :( the one thing I asked for . The moral of this story is don't ask for it and you will get it:rofl:

Mine has Deer, Fox, the shooting of vermin or in connection with the management of any estate, other wildlife…..also open after 14months on .243

Tim.243

Thanks Tim, if it is refused at renewal I may well be sending a PM your way :D
I assume you are under Essex and not met Police ?

no such thing as over kill ! talk to david at BASC. DID'T THINK RSPCA MADE THE FIREARMS ACT RULES UP !

i to am getting the runaround by essex latest was thay are not applying the acpo on request you need to prove -when- why- how+ blood group ,shoe size then thay may look at your request but prob find a reason why its a no. essex has always gone for home rule on the firearms act ! Stateing that the C in C needs to aprove the amendment .ps i have an open cert with fox deer and boar but still can't get AOLQ so i shall apply for another rifle that is the min for short range fox around the barns prob 22 hornet.both my .243 has vermin fox and deer 308 vermin fox deer boar ! 17hmr vermin (other countys allow this for short range fox not essex ) .22 vermin .

Has anybody in Essex got AOLQ on a C/F rifle ?
Even a vermin condition on the .243 would help, but Chelmsford say not for a .243 as the RSPCA say it is "overkill"
I am in the middle of renewal and have an open ticket at the moment if that makes any difference.

My issuing force is Essex , they are a pain in the backside , my .243 is down as my main fox rifle , i wish they would just use AOLQ as my conditions list is very very long (i have a few rifles) , although i would have to ask - vermin ? i take it you are not talking rabbit / rat / squirrel shooting with your .243 ?

ground crows and rabbits i don't eat them just blow them up as bait for the fox's if its on the ground and is safe to shot i have no problem removeing it as a virmin a fox has no name pest or virmin ! wish it did [quote defra Foxes have not been classified as vermin by DEFRA classed as fox] :fox:
:tiphat:

Just read the conditions on my certificate (- that took some time) , i have vermin on my .223 (long range shy crows mostly) , now my argument to Essex would be if i only had a .243 cf (?) that i wanted it for long range use on crows as i don't wish to purchase a .22 cf as well for the crows , i can only assume you don't have a .22cf ?I would expect them to bite at this - means you won't apply for a .22cf as well so one less firearm - which suits their mentality .

Yes I want to be able to shoot rabbits crow magpie etc with whatever rifle I have to hand while out foxing.
I can do this with the .22 Hornet, but not with anything bigger like my .243, I asked before and have been told no way, it's over kill, take a second rifle out with you.
Not prepared to that, means one or the other rifle will at some point be left in the car unattended.
Also don't really care weather they add ALOQ or add vermin to the bigger C'F's, will make do difference to my use, it just seems that AOLQ is the easy (and correct) answer ?

your right feller but essex think we are all up to no good and don't think we have passed and jumped enough fences the goverment trust us but our county do't ,as a firearms holder's we can't even shout back when a cock cuts us up drivin like a nob without the pos of our fac's being removed, so why are we less than others why can't the law just be the law with each and every county the same after all if i cross the county line i can use my hmr for fox !!! a fox can't read a map? but only if i belong to that force !! just can't grip why £££mil have been spent on a force to force firearm pc setup PNC brings up if your a fac holder or not so we can't hide !!! come ON UK SORT OUT YOUR RULES AS SET DOWN IN THE FIRE ARMS ACT ALL FOR ONE -ONE FOR ALL !EZZY when you think is't it??? think of the paper work and man hours that would be saved ****ing around thinking up why not when the answer is there already ! this would knock on to the turn around fac /s-g time and allow the overtime each flo has lost and bitch about lossing each time i see them :doh:
rant rant bugger all will change in back water essex (can i touch her now par!) in my best deliverance voice :rofl:
Yes I want to be able to shoot rabbits crow magpie etc with whatever rifle I have to hand while out foxing.
I can do this with the .22 Hornet, but not with anything bigger like my .243, I asked before and have been told no way, it's over kill, take a second rifle out with you.
Not prepared to that, means one or the other rifle will at some point be left in the car unattended.
Also don't really care weather they add ALOQ or add vermin to the bigger C'F's, will make do difference to my use, it just seems that AOLQ is the easy (and correct) answer ?

Well renewed licence was ready for me to collect on monday (just gone) I picked it up and found a few mistakes.
They had forgotten to add a couple of slots I had requested, and had not given AOLQ, I left it there to be corrected
and said anything you 'cannot do" please give your reasons in writing and have it signed by the Chief Constable.
New Licence arrived in the post 5 minutes ago, with a letter attached, just explaining how to do a replacement moderator and an 18 month time limit.
All rifles now conditioned for "any other lawful quarry" as well the usual "Vermin ground game for the .22lr, Fox vermin and ground game for the 22 Hornet.
The .243 and 7.62x39 for Deer, fox and then the "any other lawful quarry" bit.
Seems if you are persistent that you will get AOLQ in Essex, just the same as an open ticket can be granted for all calibre's well before first re-newal.

Its all changing Cheshire have started to hand out aolq so Essex will be doing it very soon the chief police officer of acpo wrote in the BDS mag this month saying he wanted every police to understand the meaning of aolq

Its all changing Cheshire have started to hand out aolq so Essex will be doing it very soon the chief police officer of acpo wrote in the BDS mag this month saying he wanted every police to understand the meaning of aolq

Read my post again ;)

Neil Cheshire were the worlds worst firearms department and they have changed there policy I know off two people in the last month who have qualified for AOLQ the changes are coming mate get this month BDS magazine and have a read

:rofl:
you need to be under ESSEX .Saying that my shooting bud has been told he will AOLQ & a OPEN CERT on next renewal 16 weeks time he has been shooting for 5yrs .i have been shooting with fac some 40+yrs and sg since i was 7yrs old i have had an open cert for most of my shooting life, i mentor new fellers and essex still wish a letter from me explaning the rules as set out by an act that thay should adhere anyway as set down by the govening body ie ACPO !!
i think its more like thay do't wish all the extra work ! so fence's are up until renewal :doh:

TE=mark@mbb;577314]Neil
Cheshire were the worlds worst firearms department and they have changed there policy I know off two people in the last month who have qualified for AOLQ the changes are coming mate get this month BDS magazine and have a read[/QUOTE]

Neil Cheshire were the worlds worst firearms department and they have changed there policy I know off two people in the last month who have qualified for AOLQ the changes are coming mate get this month BDS magazine and have a read

I have AOLQ and an open ticket, actually the open ticket happend at year 2 of my first fac, the AOLQ has taken a bit longer, but is here now.

Back