DSC2 - 'the call' from the verifier

Erik Hamburger

Just to ease some nerves for those who are waiting.

I submitted my Portfolio to BASC around the 10th. February '13.
Within 14 days I received written confirmation from the assessment center that the Portfolio had been forwarded to the verifier.

I had 'the call' earlier this evening, it was a just a friendly 20min. chat to clarify some confusion about stalking dates and the dates the AW did the questions with me; followed by a couple of questions about what equipment you carry when you go on a Stalk; followed by a request to confirm that the AW was actually observing me during the grallochs (yes he was, and yes it did say so in the AW's statements and in the Candidate narrative). Job done, now waiting for the administrative process to take its course.
I also got a tip to make sure I understood a kid is not called a calf and a calf is not called a kid - my error in the narrative, tip taken on board. Yeahh the English language is not easy for a foreigner...!

The question is, will I find more deer once that piece of paper lands on the doormat, because my last four stalks were blanks ;)

Last edited:
Mine went in a similar time, should be expecting the call sometime soon then!

My last 4 outings were blanks also ;)

Just to ease some nerves for those who are waiting.

I submitted my Portfolio to BASC around the 10th. February '13.
Within 14 days I received written confirmation from the assessment center that the Portfolio had been forwarded to the verifier.

I had 'the call' earlier this evening, it was a just a friendly 20min. chat to clarify some confusion about stalking dates and the dates the AW did the questions with me; followed by a couple of questions about what equipment you carry when you go on a Stalk; followed by a request to confirm that the AW was actually observing me during the grallochs (yes he was, and yes it did say so in the AW's statements and in the Candidate narrative). Job done, now waiting for the administrative process to take its course.
I also got a tip to make sure I understood a kid is not called a calf and a calf is not called a kid - my error in the narrative, tip taken on board. Yeahh the English language is not easy for a foreigner...!

The question is, will I find more deer once that piece of paper lands on the doormat, because my last four stalks were blanks ;)

in answer to your question is i doubt it !

Back