Thread: Intoduction

Hello all,This is my first post - I am a complete novice but very keen to take up stalking.

I am in the East Sussex/Kent border region close to Tunbridge Wells.

I have only taken part in one accompanied stalk so far, and I wasn't lucky that afternoon (my Dad shot two Red hinds).

At the present time I have an FAC for high powered air rifle, so would need a variation to progress to a centrefire (but at least only a variation rather than a whole new application).

I have a little experiance of centrefire rifles, having proved that I could shoot an acceptable group in 6.5 Sweedish Mauser to take part in the accompanied stalk, and having shot 5.56 NATO when I was trained as a CCF officer (I used to work in a boarding school).

​Other than that I don't have a lot to say yet. There are a lot of deer around where I live (especially the Ashdown Forest), and I believe feral/wild boar as well. I have been doing a lot of research online, and much of it seemed to lead here, so I thought I'd sign up. I'll try not to aske too many stupid questions!

Welcome to the SD Family Steerpike. There is no such thing as a stupid question in my eyes. Dont be afraid to ask, its the best way to learn. Pretty new to the stalking world myself but with the help of this site and one member in particular things are looking up for me.

Looking forward to hearing on your progress

Welcome to the site. You are not too far from me as I also live on the Kent/Sussex border
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to

Welcome to the site

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Quote Originally Posted by sikamalc View Post
    Welcome to the site. You are not too far from me as I also live on the Kent/Sussex border
    Yes it's a nice place to be - one way or another there ought to be plenty of local opportunities for stalking!

Hi Steerpike. Welcome to the site. I'm also in Tunbridge Wells. Lots of helpful people on here..