What Media?

maninblack

I would like to ask the advice of the fellow members on this forum, what media would you recommend for cleaning used brass in a tumbler? I can get mine clean but not polished also I have always washed my cases after resizing and before priming to remove any lube, and dried them in a warm oven, what is the opinion out there?
Thanks MIB

1. Spin-out primer pocket with wee wire brush c/o power screwdriver.
  2. Check case length and if required trim prior to inner and outer neck chamfering.
  3. Ultrasonically clean cases.
  4. Rinse and hang to dry c/o several large plastic pipe blanking plugs that have been drilled with 50+ holes just a wee bit similar than the case size you wish to insert with an interference fit.
  5. Switch on tumbler and plunk cases into preferred DRY media (I use that supplied by Reloading Solutions) and wait 5 minutes for cases to fill.
  6. Add a slug of Brasso and leave for 8 hours with the lid off and OUTSIDE under cover.
  7. Don latex gloves and remove each case while tumbler still vibrating and allow media in case to spill back into tumbler by placing on tumble edge. I also use a custom-ground piece of 1/8[SUP]th[/SUP] ss rod with a hooked point to jiggle around inner case as you will be surprised at the number of granules that can hide in nooks other than the flash hole.
  8. Bang each case down smartly on a thick magazine and place in box ready for priming

Operation 9 might be “get a life” but you did ask!

Cheers

K

1. Spin-out primer pocket with wee wire brush c/o power screwdriver.
  2. Check case length and if required trim prior to inner and outer neck chamfering.
  3. Ultrasonically clean cases.
  4. Rinse and hang to dry c/o several large plastic pipe blanking plugs that have been drilled with 50+ holes just a wee bit similar than the case size you wish to insert with an interference fit.
  5. Switch on tumbler and plunk cases into preferred DRY media (I use that supplied by Reloading Solutions) and wait 5 minutes for cases to fill.
  6. Add a slug of Brasso and leave for 8 hours with the lid off and OUTSIDE under cover.
  7. Don latex gloves and remove each case while tumbler still vibrating and allow media in case to spill back into tumbler by placing on tumble edge. I also use a custom-ground piece of 1/8[SUP]th[/SUP] ss rod with a hooked point to jiggle around inner case as you will be surprised at the number of granules that can hide in nooks other than the flash hole.
  8. Bang each case down smartly on a thick magazine and place in box ready for priming

Operation 9 might be “get a life” but you did ask!

Cheers

K

Thanks for the advice, I think I might ignore No 9 :D As my old mum used to say "If a jobs worth doing it's worth doing well"
MIB

Back