syndicate ideas

www.yorkshireroestalking.

Distinguished Member
I am currently in negotiations with a large land owner at the top of nth yorks who wants his deer numbers reducing.(roe only)
Its a little to far off for me to undertake on an accompanied basis so i am looking at a syndicate.
Hes in an agreement and i have to come up with a proposal he wants a minimum of dsc1 stalkers.
what are good and bad ideas to implement so it will work for him me and the members.
Your views please.
I have no idea of price yet but it wont be to steep we want a job done after all.
is there any intrested parties out there i am just testing the water so i can approach him with a plan
regards john.

You have a PM I think - the dreaded "internal server failure" happened but I think it was sent.

Regards willie

Thanks for all your p.ms lads but as i said this is in development still and i may not pursue it i want advice on syndicates.
i have been in one a long while ago and run game shooting ones annually whats good and whats bad.
your views please.
the hardest things with the pheasants is turning yes,s i'll have a gun into money.
I have 3 members at the moment 2 months behind with payment and we'll be shooting in 2 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Hi
think off a price and tell all members perspective members that xxx amount has to be in by xxx date or your place will be sold on to a new member.and make sure you have enough time to fill the place before the money is due.
If stalkers are aloud on the land at any time then you can run a colour code system that when you et to the land you pick a colored chip up and that represents where you are going to be stalking.so anyone that turns up knows exactly where everyone is.then if you want to stalk a different place you come back and swap your chip for another one that is still available. this will all so let anyone who is tiring to find someone where they are. you know if someone is injured and has not returned. and so on.
personally i prefer if all members book in so you know who is on the land and who is not.

ATB
Cam

IDEAS: Payment in full before you shoot, copys of fac ,inc , dsc1,etc before you shoot, Keep the number of members to minimum, do not want to many members on the ground at once, I think keep it as simple as possible, no one can come out with i didn't understand the rules , ANY rule's broken instant ban , All members to atend work party's if needed putting highseats up clearing ride's etc you will get out what you put in ,Full cull records for each member, keep it deer stalking not mixed odd game bird day etc keep vermin down when you get the chance always as it keeps the landowner happy. THATS MY FIVE PENNYS WORTH. :lol:

Cheers Gadget.

hi john my thoughts pay for place before lease starts send copies insurance /leveli/firearms cert have a clear set of do;s and dont .split lease into 2 0r 3 areas depending on acraege book in by google calendar.i do this on two syndicates its very fair you cant rebook till you have used up your previous booking our it expires stops people trying to book lots of days in advance.also any work that needs to be done shall be done by everyone in the syndicate .i think thats it
atb
tom

John, ask yourself whats in it for you? Running any kind of syndicate is a major pain in the bum. If you involve your friends as members then you run the risk of falling out, If you involve strangers then they are an unknown quantity. The money side of it is a pain as people are always late paying and you end up out of pocket. I had a lovely piece of stalking ground for 15 years just on a gentlemans agreement, it was sold and the new owner was happy to keep me on but I had to pay a rent, I couldn't afford it on my own so I brought in a few mates, It turned out to be a nightmare so I gave it up after one year. Sorry to sound negative mate but if you don't need the stalking and don't stand to make a considerable amount of money then question whether or not its worth it. JC

ideas

John

I dont see that a syndicate should be a pain. Communication is key. Be clear as to what is to be offered, also what is to be expected, ie cull figures required, minimum (or maximum) visits per member per period (ie not only showing up for bucks). As for payment, no money by a deadline then no place.

You need a clear and accessible booking system. You can use a google calendar on the web (a la Griff). I also agree that the membership should be minimal even if it jacks the price up. If you need a job doing then you need committed members not necessarily local ones. I believe you are a pro guide so I cant see how a syndicagte can be more rief than taking punters out and getting their dates and dosh sorted out.

cheers

SDD

pm sent

Finally recieved an e mail from the landowners and its not good news boys they are keeping the stalking in -house. the keeper has enlisted help which is fair comment its what i would do in his position.
thanks for your interest. :D

Back