Any bets in the Grand National tomorrow?

Pine Marten

I realise that this isn't about deerstalking but I'm prepared to bet that plenty of people here have an interest in tomorrow's big race at Aintree. I have done my usual thing of making a sensible bet and a daft one. The sensible one, insofar as such a thing exists in this life-size equine version of Super Mario Kart, is Seabass, last year's winner. The daft outsider one in an attempt to pay off my Steyr-Mannlicher is The Rainbow Chaser (may it find a pot of gold).

Anyone else "invested" any of their hard-earned cash in this insane event?

Self-banned from betting on horses on the Grand National after a statistically impossible run of horses I had in the office sweepstake having to be put down. :-|

Not superstitious... but money better spent on cider. :lol:

I always make a few little bets on the national just for a bit of fun ranging from £1-£2.50 ew purely based on names. It didn't work well last year as 2 of them ended up dead. This year I've covered Balthazar King, Weird Al, Major Malarkey, Tarquinius and Rare Bob. Also got a £10 on the nose free bet on Imperial commander that i got for opening the account.

Worst race in the calendar for proper gamblers (of which I aren't one) You're best off picking one with a name you like!

Have a 5 er each way on soll 40 to 1 and will be placed so my stable friend tells me

Back