"I Phone App"

Monkey Spanker

How long do you think it will be, before there is an 'APP' that allows you to look at a live satelite imagery of your ground on your phone so that you can see where the deer are before you even leave your house??!!
MS

It's already available, but there's no way big brother would let us lot loose with anything that nosey :)

I've thought about this before, and a bit of muckong around with cheap wifi repeaters and wifi cameras that tie into the farmer's broadband would do it..
Alternatively, trail cams that can email you stuff could a great idea!

I found a website a while ago that gave instructions to make your own ip based remote web can that could stream live images, I thought about having a go as we were having some trouble with some light fingered chaps, I never got around to it because it turns out that for about the same money you can get the real deal. It didn't look too hard to do though, then all you would need to do is access whatever site your camera was streaming to and you'd have real time images of whatever you wanted to point your camera at.

....then you could lash it to your rifle with remote trigger control, shoot the chosen beast - then just drive out & gralloch it (or is there an App for that as well)?

​FFS - it's called "Stalking"?

:stir:

That is a stunning idea, do you have any ideas on how to get around storing firearms remotely like this?
I suppose if the container was police approved and remotely monitored or linked to the police station by alarm, that could get around the problem?

the gun would be mounted like the ones in the films the jackal and shooter. takes all the fun out of taking the shot yourself!

NOBODY needs such an App

I feel that it'd take all the fun and challenge out of stalking on foot using traditional skills

What you DO NEED is one of these....saves getting out of the car if its raining

NOBODY needs such an App

I feel that it'd take all the fun and challenge out of stalking on foot using traditional skills

What you DO NEED is one of these....saves getting out of the car if its raining

I think the Forestry already use these on their culls don't they? :stir:

How long do you think it will be, before there is an 'APP' that allows you to look at a live satelite imagery of your ground on your phone so that you can see where the deer are before you even leave your house??!!
MS

Never, but I am surprised somone on here as not put up a live webcam.

Back