Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: stabilised wood knife scales

stabilised wood knife scales

Ive been looking for some nice stabilised wood for a knife project, ive found some oak on a uk web site but ebay in the states has some really nice scales listed.
    has anybody got any suggestions for anybody in the uk with a good selection or has anybody bought wood from the usa and got any recomendations.

You need to get in touch with Tony at "Moonrakerknives" if he hasnt got it it cant be got. Great guy and really knows his stuff.

Thanks tusker, I had looked on moonraker web site but will give tony a ring and see what hes got.

HiI have some high grade Arizona Desert Ironwood scales. They have beautiful grain.
    They are not stabilised but are some of the densest wood available and very hard .
    Pm me if interested.

I have bought from the US ! Can't rember where from but good deal

Its a Burl will ship to you no problem, just keep your costs to around 40 and it will come in below tax threashold etc. deerwarden

ive been looking at these

well this seller in general.

just had a look at 'its a burl' ebay shop and it says us sales only but i'll look further into it. thanks for posting

Look at or look at I buy from both and the last one has some nice stabilished wood in at the moment and also acrilic ivory etc, he will sort you out very fast service. deerwarden

I got some stabilised Amboyna burl from the US from Bad Dogs Burl Source - Home Page
    He split the block form me for no extra cost and the scales arrived in no time and the service was exceptional!

Thanks for the reply's
    Bad dogs looks an interesting web site, will look at that more later. English handmade knives shows all its stabilised wood except a rather expensive pine cone scale sold out but will contact them anyway.