rangefinder scope info ...

exmarksman9870

Hello.....im thinking of getting a rangefinder scope would like the opinion from others on brands ...quality of glass... All the norm stuff cheers

I am about to sell my Burris eliminator, range finder scope to upgrade to the new model. They do exactly what they say, and work very well. The glass is very good, and i really have no complaints about this. I was comparing it to swarovski binoculars last week, and it is good until the last light, when the difference is noticeable probably the better glass adds 5-10 minutes. Certainly for normal shooting it is more than adequate.

The drop and angle compensation is spot on, i used it on my 243 and found the drop to be bang on from 100mtr in 50 mtr increments out to 300 mtr.

I am upgrading because i like the idea of having it om my 22, because i want more magnification (mine is the 4x12x42) and i fancy the 16x50 for the additional magnification on the 22. That and because i have one on order and got a really good deal. Mine is on sale for £450 including delivery by fedex. It has light usage marks but that is about it. It comes with the burris drop compensator chart and remote switch.

If your budget allows i would say swarovski or zeiss. You could then look at meopta. With The swarovski and The zeiss You get excelent quality glass and target clarity. With meopta i find The reticule very fine and hardware to see in low light. Hope this helps

I have a Burris Eliminator and it works very well on my 308, i have shot accuratley on paper past 400m

i have compared it side by side to a zeiss rangefinder scope and as you can imagine the glass on the zeiss was no contest and it had a nicer reticule, however i would not spend that much on these bits of kit as they are always getting better as time goes by therfore dont hold their value as much.

The Burris eliminator for £450 is a steal especially in that condition.

best of luck.

Tam

Hello.....im thinking of getting a rangefinder scope would like the opinion from others on brands ...quality of glass... All the norm stuff cheers
I wouldn't bother as there big heavy and bulky also they can end up sitting too high up on the mounts,the re sell value is garbage as no one wants them,you would be better off buying range finding binos

They are heavier than some scopes, but the difference is tiny, and i have certainly never noticed the difference, it must be a tiny percentage of the whole unit. Probably as noticeable as wearing or not wearing a watch, it is that small. Mine sits lower that my swarovski and zeiss, the mounts are practically flush.

I have taken mine off to upgrade to the next model, but as far as sitting too high, this is mine with the mounts on it, they are probably 5mm high and it is as flat a scope as i have seen. I dont know about other makes and models but the burris is really flat.

8ac11ec7-d2dc-4659-b957-2c9e5aff9de3.jpg

I bought a Zeiss Diarange 3-12x56 a couple of years ago and it sits on my .308. The novelty never wears off when the distance is displayed just below the reticle. I only bought it as a friend saw them being them being advertised for USD 1999 as opposed GBP3000. They are a doddle to use and there is no fiddling around around. It is not used much at the moment as I am enjoying my 300WM more.

Back