BASC Fees For Syndicate Members versus Syndicate Senior Citizen Members!

Krabryn

Having just turned 65 years and receiving a letter from BASC acknowledging this, I hoped for a moment to expect my Syndicate Membership fee of £56 as a Senior Senior Citizen would be reduced. These hopes were dashed! There is £00.00 difference! Cheers, K

Yes there isn't any difference with them unless you receive job seekers,I believe (I wait to be corrected) they don't even reduce membership for the dissabeled or those on less benefit like income support this may seen a bit tight and somewhat unfair but I'm sure David on her will give a good explanation as to there is a difference between job seekers and a pension or other benefits. (in BASC's eyes.)
I personally think that the least we could do is discount the dissabeled & pensioners.
I met an Iraq vet who came back without his left arm at last years Royal Welsh Show who told me he paid full membership to BASC while his mate who was just demobbed got it half price or something because he was on job seekers allowance.( possibly the isurance cost is the same so can't be discounted)
I await incoming!
Having just turned 65 years and receiving a letter from BASC acknowledging this, I hoped for a moment to expect my Syndicate Membership fee of £56 as a Senior Senior Citizen would be reduced. These hopes were dashed! There is £00.00 difference! Cheers, K

Last edited:
If you look at the fee scales on the website (under membership) it clearly states senior citizens 65 or older pay £9 less.
​1995rs

I believe it does. From what I can remember having enquired some years ago the insurance benefits are the same as for all full members.

Back