lamb killer

rick 37

bloody fox thats me sat for 3 nights 2 hours each and i drive away and it runs in front of me can't seem to get it left it some chicken will be waiting on it tomorrow night it's had 6 lambs now think it's got a taste for them. got cage set with lamb in it but no luck

Right you know what time he,s there now, so go later, been there this yr as well, we seem to get one every year that likes lamb, sitting in the lambing shed at the moment, all quite.

Couple of tins of tuna emptied out might work , try it and see if the bait goes.
also change the time you visit.

Had same problem, i walked and found all his runs in the day time went back few days later walked 2 miles to catch the wind right inc a marsh walk and intercepted him almost right away a 95g nosler ballistictip to the cranium later and a gralloch exposed he was the lamb eating fox! Farmer looked rather dissaprovingly at my iphone stomach contents pics but `twas rather happy!

Times may be all out, Sat am out first light, nothing for 1.5 hrs, decided to have a walk around, spotted 3 all close by not on my ground. One in evening after dusk, sorted. Sunday am one seen 11:15 am but moved before we could get rifle. Sunday 16:65 got another one then nothing for 3 hours, so visits very varriable and unpreditcable at present.

D

Had same problem, i walked and found all his runs in the day time went back few days later walked 2 miles to catch the wind right inc a marsh walk and intercepted him almost right away a 95g nosler ballistictip to the cranium later and a gralloch exposed he was the lamb eating fox! Farmer looked rather dissaprovingly at my iphone stomach contents pics but `twas rather happy!

Well done! :)

Used to use old rabbit guts but now find that a tin of cat food (the cheaper the better) spread around (so it can't be gobbled up quickly) brings them from miles around to just where I want them to be...

Knots

tin of sardines, pop a nail hole in side of tin and then nail throw the lid into a fence post. oil drips down the post giving the scent off, mr fox will dig around and lick the post. works for weeks without having the change it.

We have been on the foxes for 2 nights this week. all year we see none. as soon as the lambs are born all changes. we have had 8 in to evenings.

Back