Scottish range of stalking prices 2013/14

Tamus

Apologies in advance if this is posted in the wrong section but I couldn't see anywhere else to ask about stalking.

I wonder if the good folk of SD could give answers to a question I've just been asked by a continental friend who wishes to visit Scotland to stalk.

He (and I, for that matter) would like an estimate of the range of likely charges for a shot at the full range of our Scottish species in the various circumstances they might be taken.

ie. how much to shoot? ...

Red stag/hind

Sika stag/hind

Fallow buck/doe

Roe buck/doe

I'm looking for the full range of likely 2013/14 prices, from the finest trophy stalks through "representative" to common cull please. Whether that's for a wheech round the farm for a button buck or the full bells and whistles experience of the most highly regarded estates and a classic head. I'm guessing every stalker might have an opinion on the price ranges. So, we'd really appreciate everyone's thoughts on every species of deer we have here in Scotland and every situation/place that a paid stalk might occur. Thanks in advance and looking forward to the variety of opinion.

One for your matrix:
£375 + VAT for this red stag last August 29th:
View attachment 26827
No additional trophy fee, using my rifle. Traditional highland stalking taken to edge of the estate in the Argocat and then stalked into the wind for the rest of the day. First day no suitable beast identified by the stalker despite 5+ hour stalk so returned the next day set out at 10am, took the shot at 15:15. Tip for the stalker each day. Shot in the western Cairngorms on privately owned estate. Happy to identify the estate if you want on a private message. Price is being held for this year.

Last Nov/Dec red/sika hinds avg £110-130 +VAT inc calf if available. Various Highland estates. Argo + stalk, cold & wet was the bonus :-| ATB
PS tip for stalker £20-25 per day plus food & drinkies, plus fuel £1000 for a week & some good sport

Last edited:
Thanks Virbius and deeangeo. That's one price each for Red stags and hinds. Good, representative looking prices and value for money they are too.

Any chance of a few more contributions, please? ...

Scottish Fallow stalking, in particular, is a something that I cannot offer my friend much clue about. Hopefully there are folk on here who know about prices and options with them.

a friend from another forum has a deal with a farmer in Perthshire where Fallow does are £80 Red hinds £100 flat rate and bucks/stags are anything upto £250.
thats before his time/diesel etc.
I've been out with him several times over the years and always come back with one or two for the freezer...

Tom,
You know my prices,

John

:D I've an Invergordon wedding to attend early in July and at the same time a trip to check out some restoration work my son's been doing in Dornoch. I'll be in your neck of the woods for a few days then... So, I'll be in touch... soon.

Back