One of my best Roe to date

Just a little write up to show what i was up to yesterday.

I was out in the morning with the camera doing a bit of recon to see what is showing as i haven't had a chance to have a go at the Roe bucks yet due to too much uni work. I thought i would take my new camera i got for my 21st to see how it performed, here are the results..View attachment 26903View attachment 26904View attachment 26906View attachment 26907View attachment 26908View attachment 26909View attachment 26910View attachment 26911View attachment 26912View attachment 26913View attachment 26914View attachment 26915

In the evening I went out with the rifle on the other end of the farm and after bumping a muntjac doe hidden up in cover i came across 5 roe out feeding on the wheat and took this nice buck out who was surrounded by does. I managed to forget my sticks so had to slip down into the ditch and use a fallen log as my rest. He dropped where he stood. He is one of the best heads i have taken.View attachment 26902

Some nice pics, love the one of the young buck in velvet between the tree guards, and nice buck, worth boiling out full skull with the option to get it measured if its heavy enough.

Moose

Thanks for all the kind words, Hopefully i will have some more pictures to put up soon. I have thought about seeing if it makes the grade for medal, but dont really know what is required... Any more experienced hands think its worth a go?

Tom

I have thought about seeing if it makes the grade for medal, but dont really know what is required... Any more experienced hands think its worth a go?

Tom

Boil it full skull ie. don't cut the skull, just remove the lower jaw, once you have cleaned it let it dry out for a week or two and then weigh it, anything upwards of 450 grams is worth getting measured, if it doesn't make the grade then it costs nothing.
It looks quite thick at the bases and has good shape, but it all depends on the weight, hope its heavy enough.

​Moose

Boil it full skull ie. don't cut the skull, just remove the lower jaw, once you have cleaned it let it dry out for a week or two and then weigh it, anything upwards of 450 grams is worth getting measured, if it doesn't make the grade then it costs nothing.
It looks quite thick at the bases and has good shape, but it all depends on the weight, hope its heavy enough.

​Moose

Moose,

Its all boiled and cleaned out. I stuck it on the scales and it comes in at 425 grams, looks like im just missing out. I am stalking with Chris at Euston in May who does measuring so will get him to have a look at it.

​Tom

Back