AOLQ Cheshire.

jon2

Dear all

Just wondered if anyone under Cheshire authority has AOLQ?

I heard a rumour that Cheshire were considering issuing this as per the guidelines/ACPO directive.

KR

I should add that a thorough discussion was had with my new feo, & I felt he was understanding of the situation, I also agreed with his thoughts on the merits, or otherwise of handing it out any old how, after all "Overkill" is still in some forces vocabulary.

Never mind "overkill" Steve how about "underkill"? AOLQ is something that I agree with and think is useful on all certificates but what about those guys that use it in order to shoot large wild boar with a .243win. Yes there are some guys with the necessary knowledge and skill to take large boar with a .243win as much as I disagree with it, but there are also some guys who don't have the necessary and continue to take advantage of a loophole in the law that allows the use of unsuitable calibres. The obvious solution to this is introducing legislation rather than guidance with regard to wild boar. :stir:

Never mind "overkill" Steve how about "underkill"? AOLQ is something that I agree with and think is useful on all certificates but what about those guys that use it in order to shoot large wild boar with a .243win. Yes there are some guys with the necessary knowledge and skill to take large boar with a .243win as much as I disagree with it, but there are also some guys who don't have the necessary and continue to take advantage of a loophole in the law that allows the use of unsuitable calibres. The obvious solution to this is introducing legislation rather than guidance with regard to wild boar. :stir:

I agree with your reasoning here, this was the main point the feo was making, they have to worry, if the micro management is removed, will the cert holder make stupid choices while out with a particular rifle,surely the minimum of .270 recommended would obviate the use of a .243 on Boar, (using common sense).

I agree with your reasoning here, this was the main point the feo was making, they have to worry, if the micro management is removed, will the cert holder make stupid choices while out with a particular rifle,surely the minimum of .270 recommended would obviate the use of a .243 on Boar, (using common sense).

8x57, finn, remember the condition is "any other lawful quarry".

Taking a species with a weapon that is patently unsuitable is unlikely to fulfill the "lawful" bit of it, as "un-necessary suffering" is likely to be occasioned. If an offence is committed then you can no longer claim it is "lawful quarry".

Taking a species with a weapon that is patently unsuitable is unlikely to fulfill the "lawful" bit of it, as "un-necessary suffering" is likely to be occasioned. If an offence is committed then you can no longer claim it is "lawful quarry".

Exactly my point, but the powers that be tend to treat every applicant the same, unless they can assure the feo's / heads of department that they are of clear thinking stock.

Unfortunately it would still be regarded as lawful at the moment, unless unnecessary suffering can be proved.

Back