roe bucks barking

Hi all I have been out quite a bit since the start of the buck season but the other night I was stalking in Yorkshire with a friend I shot one buck then got onto another which started barking at first I thought it had seen me, i barked back and it came out of the wood at 50 mtrs lined up on it only to here the dreaded click and the sight of a lovely buck running off (misfire). After another half hour all I could here was bucks barking all around the area at least four is this out of character at this time of year as none of the other grounds I have shot have barking bucks yet.

They were disturbed by something whether it was you or something else,remember its not only Bucks that bark Does also bark some say they can tell the difference between a Buck and a Does bark , my hearing is shot and I can't really tell the difference though its said a Bucks bark is deeper as you would expect.

They were disturbed by something whether it was you or something else,remember its not only Bucks that bark Does also bark some say they can tell the difference between a Buck and a Does bark , my hearing is shot and I can't really tell the difference though its said a Bucks bark is deeper as you would expect.
+1

Bucks will bark at each other as well when they are being territorial. I got a client to 2 bucks that were barking at each other. They were so distracted it was easy to stalk in and get both of them.

out tonight with a friend and a buck saw us or rather movement from about 200yds and ran round us barking his head off eventually winded us went quiate and turned and bolted

Back