Available: Roe Stalking near Inverness

JRoe

A good start to the Buck season here. This last week we were fortunate to grass five young cull Bucks including a 2 year old ( almost) Murder Buck with a nice clean set of sharp spikes. What's your definition of a Murder Buck by the way ? - - I'm sure there are different opinions.
Weather has been superb since the start of April. A little too superb though - - beautiful sunny days - - cold nights , leaving everything in the woodland tinder dry. Very difficult woodland stalking. Luckily they are all out in the fields at dawn and dusk which made our job a bit easier. A big change today though, v warm here and blowing a gale.
Got a busy week ahead and then it quietens down a little - - book now to avoid disappointment !
Approved witness stalks for DSC2 also available.

This is my usual advert - -

Roe Stalking for skilled or novice Hunters. Bring your own Rifle or you’re welcome to use one of mine. Instruction available if required. From only £80 per outing (Approx four hours). If an extra opportunity should arise after your successful stalk that would be fine, however you are restricted to two Roe per outing. No Trophy fees but a good bottle of Malt would be appreciated if you get yourself a decent one!

Approved Witness available for any of you undertaking your Level 2. Price £100
Duration 4 hours approx ( Could be longer but at Witnesses' discretion) Please contact me for further details.

B&B at www.cromalbank.com - - with pickup from Airport or Railway Station if required. Plenty Roe about - - . Good easy walking areas - - mixed arable with plenty woodland. Companions are welcome and you may take your Venison home with you for a moderate £2.50 per kilo. Here's a link if you want an idea of the ground - -
Flash Earth - Zoom into satellite and aerial imagery of the Earth in Flash

It is mainly the woodland on the east side marching with the Fort George Ranges on the west.
Contact me, John Ross on 01667 462 166 or 07774 742 227 or cromalbank@aol.com for more info and available dates etc.

Thankyou.

If you fancy some nice woodland bordered by fields with plenty of opportunities then this is the place, nice ground and a genuine person who tries to make your outing as pleasurable as possible, nice B&B to... 100% recommended! His chicken broth is just the ticket in between outings :)

Looking forward to coming up next month.

​ATB
Yes I'm looking forward to your visit too. I hope the weather is a bit kinder than this morning though. A beautiful day but blowing a real gale here. Wallace Grant paid a visit but as any self respecting deer was lying very low we gave up and went off to frighten some Rabbits. He did well with my old 10/22 Ruger (considering the rippling muscles needed to pull the trigger) and surprisingly, bagged 8 in no time!

ATB

JR

Another fortunate day here yesterday. Two nice young cull Bucks grassed by Paul M. The morning started of well, I spotted a Buck in the first quarter of an hour, Paul managed a text book stalk and we soon had him gralloched. Stalked for another 4 hours, it getting windier by the minute. Gave up, went home for the big breakfast and called it a day until evening.
Went out again about 7pm, the wind having come down from hurricane to gale force ! Blowing sand everywhere so I didn't give much for our chances. Spotted about 7 sheltered in some large trees, stalked in but they were too smart for us and were off like rockets.
Stalked another good clean Buck half an hour later but something spooked him from another direction and he slid away too. ( Good to have a few nice one's in the Bank though, so I didn't really mind )
Finally spotted a young Buck grazing near some woodland, managed to stalk in close even though the wind had died away and it was very quiet and crunchy underfoot. Paul managed another perfect shot to the engine room just before the light went.

Home for a wee dram to celebrate - - another grand day !

JR

Back