DMQ1 without a FAC

rem284

There is a 17 year old lad in my village who comes out shooting with me a lot. He is wanting to know how he should go about getting his DMQ level 1 before he applies for a FAC.

Hi,

there is no requirement for any sitting L1 to have their Fac, same applies to L2.

This is true but some areas are asking for it before they will grant a FAC. Now the thing is that you can fight it and stand up to the FLO or go with it. Point is they have the upper hand as they are granting it, and dont think they will forget it if you succeed. Best thing to do is ask what they want and just jump through the hoops. That way when you want their help you may get more sense than if you start off on the attack at this early stage. Dont forget they do hold all the cards.

I did my dsc1 shooting DF's rifle as mine was in the gunsmiths being threaded, my ticket was also away for a variation so no proof of having one although I am a little over 18 :lol:.

This is true but some areas are asking for it before they will grant a FAC. Now the thing is that you can fight it and stand up to the FLO or go with it. Point is they have the upper hand as they are granting it, and dont think they will forget it if you succeed. Best thing to do is ask what they want and just jump through the hoops. That way when you want their help you may get more sense than if you start off on the attack at this early stage. Dont forget they do hold all the cards.
Can you name the areas asking for this before granting a fac, you are the second person on this forum to state this,but no one as come back with the force asking for it.

Can you name the areas asking for this before granting a fac, you are the second person on this forum to state this,but no one as come back with the force asking for it.

Unless they have changed their policy - Hampshire is a culprit..... I applied for my FAC in 2002 with receipt attached from BDS for my Level 1 course, which I paid for before applying... Hants FEO said no FAC until Level 1 completed, and 3 deer shot with a mentor, and mentor has supplied letter to validate, they were shot safely, competently, blah, blah.... BASC ( Bill Harriman ) wrote to Mark Groothius at Hant Police on my behalf, but he backed the FEO, and despite nothing in H/O gudelines, which BASC quoted, they would not back down.

So no FAC befoer I did my Level 1 and had to use the instructors rifle and ammo.

There is a 17 year old lad in my village who comes out shooting with me a lot. He is wanting to know how he should go about getting his DMQ level 1 before he applies for a FAC.

17 is the age at which you can use an estate rifle so if the suppliers of the DSC1 have estate rilfes then there should not be a problem.

Neil, I assume this was for granting a fac to shoot deer, hants will accept a mentor condition on your ticket for deer without a dsc, and they have accepted this since before 2002, as I have mentored two people prior to this. If someone from BASC is reading perhaps they could comment .

met want dsc1 before they give you a deer rifle, but saying that I know someone 3 months before me under met put in for their rifle and got it without doing their dsc1!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back