Thread: Mounts and rings for Parker Hale

Mounts and rings for Parker Hale

Hello all

Got a mate who's just bought a Parker hale .308 which came with parker hale dovetail screw down mounts which aren't the best, so I'm looking for a set of mounts and 25mm rings for him not sure about the full spec of which mounts fit the Parker hale all I know about the rifle is that it's got the Mauser action

Lee you are talking about a Mauser action and not the Midland? If so have a look at the Leupold list of scope mounts , you won’t go too far wrong with a set of steel bases and swing off rings. Another one worth a look at is Weaver. If it’s the midland that can be a little bit more problematic but both of those sites should tell you if they are available.
    I have to agree with you on the PH bases and rings, they’re not the best.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

I put an EGW Picatinny rail on my PH 308, and then Leupold quick release rings.

​Very happy.

Cheers for the info I'll pass it onto my mate, he's now just signed up on the SD duke999 I'll pass on the info to him

Thanks chaps for that very useful info .
    I spoke to John at Optics Warehouse who knows his stuff . It's the 1100ph model iv got apparently which is a bit easier to fit with decent mounts and rings .( Serial numbers underneath the original ph mounts )
    Numbers 9 + 22 denote the original Mauser 98 actions in older guns and can be a nightmare to fit mounts to because the holes are not always in the same place .
    numbers 22 and 28 (underneath the original ph mounts ) denote newer models (1100 etc ) which are more uniform and easier to find mounts for .
    Where's my anorak ??
    Optics Warehouse 01803 392306

your anorak is next to your train spotting note book pal

when do the mounts arrive??

Ha ha !! They should be arriving today . He did me a deal on the postage for all the free advertising I just gave him on here . Will let you know if they arrive today !
    ​o hang on , there's a train coming .....