Which bipod ?

Yorkshire lad

Need some help. I'm looking for a light weight bipod. Swivel type, I have a haris on one but want a very light one for my light weight stalking setup. Not sure what's out there at the moment and would appreciate any suggestions. Many thanks.

If you want superlight go Stoney Point Rapid Pivot - great system.
http://www.stoneypoint.com/products/bp_rapid_pivot_bp_prone_bnch.html

it's also great for snapping at the sling stud fixture once you've used it for a few months, and having your rifle fly backwards off your shoulder and land on the barrel/scope..truly and excellent system - LOL!

I'm only saying this because I've had it happen three times with two sets of these...emailed stoneypoint about it, they didn't even reply...

I have to admit the concept is brilliant, but the quality in the screws lacks, big time.

Have to agree with the poor strengh on the screw at the stud, snapped with me also, so no more stoney point for me i'm afraid.

Harris, or edgar bros, nothing much between them. (Z-aim not that bad also)

George.

it's also great for snapping at the sling stud fixture once you've used it for a few months, and having your rifle fly backwards off your shoulder and land on the barrel/scope..truly and excellent system - LOL!

I'm only saying this because I've had it happen three times with two sets of these...emailed stoneypoint about it, they didn't even reply...

I have to admit the concept is brilliant, but the quality in the screws lacks, big time.

I have these on 3 rifles since 2006 and have never had a problem......but may make the pins out of stainless to make sure.
I have a Harris on my Sako 75, but still not convinced. It adds a bit of weight to the whole set up.

The only downside to the stoneypoint is trying to shoot off a car roof/bonnet is they splay open.

I would say Harris all day long. I think the stoneypoint are over priced rubbish I bought a set of stoneypoint polecat sticks took them to scotland stalking with me they only lasted two days befour I threw them away and went back to useing my £25 one's.

132109.jpg

i use this type on my stalking rifle very light from midway uk £45ish i have lots of harris from brs to sitting type but the
Caldwell Clutch Prone Bipod Sling Swivel Stud Mount 8-3/4" to 12" is the nuts for long walks no springs to catch things or that twang you sometimes get from a harris :tiphat:

Last edited:
I have an Edgar Bros one - the arms which prevent the legs folding up too much keep bending and I have to bend them back. The metal is not as good as the Harris ones, so we're back to square one again...

which one feller!
EB have the bad copys of harris

I have an Edgar Bros one - the arms which prevent the legs folding up too much keep bending and I have to bend them back. The metal is not as good as the Harris ones, so we're back to square one again...

o i know the one with the rubber covers on the springs hmm see what you mean:tiphat:

Last edited:
Back