Thread: evening all!

evening all!

live in northants went into keepering when I left school but somehow ended up as a builder but still shoot on the estate where I worked, iv got my d.m.q qualifications and take a keen interest in all things fieldsports from foxing/stalking to working terriers and I occasionally scare a pigeon or two over decoys. thought id join this site to keep upto date with all you shooters out there, iv had .222 22/250 and currently using a heavy barrelled .243 thanks for reading and look forward to chatting to like minded people.

Welcome from another northants SD member ,what estate are you shooting over ?

Welcome to the site,

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

thanks for the warm welcome, bit of a newbee to these forums I live in northants but shoot in Bedfordshire, I wont put the name up as im unsure who can look at this stuff I suppose you cant be to carefull on these sites

No problem bb just a casual in case I knew of the estate ,the shoot I keeper is between althorpe and cottesbrooke
    kind regards

don't know that part of Northampton very well im northants /beds border although I did go to look around cottesbrooke estate when I was at college, cant remember the keepers name but brian rings a bell for some reason, and our tutor at college had a part time job near there I know his name was bob farmer

His name was Derek Dawes retired now ,I took over from bob when he got the sack ! ..... Been here 12 seasons now .my lad went to moulton and then sparsholt I even went to moulton many moons ago lol .
    ​cheers Norma

that's it Derek! small old world isn't it, seemed a nice bloke and I think bob was a thatcher by trade but got the job at moulton and landed on his feet