Plains Game insurance

eggy s

I am heading to the Dark continent next week for my first adventure.

I am totally struggling to find a insurance company that will cover any hunting activities :(

Anyone able to assist ?

BASC cover you for public liability but not medical care.

I am worried I might get bitten by a snake and need to be airlifted out haha.

I used Haymans(http://www.pjhayman.com), give then a call. I found them very helpfull and got cover through them for my trip to Finland and last one to South Africa a few months ago.

BASC cover you for public liability but not medical care.

I am worried I might get bitten by a snake and need to be airlifted out haha.

Airlifted out in Africa......don't make laugh!

If you were unfortunate enough to get bitten by a snake, I would suggest you find yourself a nice shady tree and lie under it. That way your carcass should not be too blown up from the sun by the time they come to get you!

Sorry, couldn't resist! :coat:

Eggy,
Take a look at this site:
Shakari Connection | African Hunting Information
If you can't find exactly what you want, email him, there's very little he doesn't know about Safaris.
BTW the chances of seeing a snake, much less being bitten by one, are pretty small at this time of year. In the event of such a "happening" your PH will, undoubtedly, have procedures in place to sort it out.
Peter

Last edited by a moderator:
I have always used Haymans for all 7 trips to Africa. However you will find that for dangerous game (ie elephant, Buff, Lion etc) the premium will be higher and death cover is only up to £5000. This may have changed as the dangerous game hunt I did was in 1998, a few years back. However I used them 2 years ago for Africa, and also for an overseas visit to San Francisco.

There are very few insurance companies that I am aware of that will insure you for big game hunting in the UK, infact Haymans is the only one I am aware of.

Haymans and NFU Mutual don't offer safari insurance anymore.

I was joking about the snake, I have worked at a Safari lodge for 6 months in the past.

It looks like all the UK insurers have stopped offering hunting insurance :(

Haymans and NFU Mutual don't offer safari insurance anymore.

I was joking about the snake, I have worked at a Safari lodge for 6 months in the past.

It looks like all the UK insurers have stopped offering hunting insurance :(

Ohh thats a bit of a bu//er then. Best of luck with the search, I dont know if anyone in the states would undertake it for you or in europe.

Good luck

Haymans and NFU Mutual don't offer safari insurance anymore. I was joking about the snake, I have worked at a Safari lodge for 6 months in the past. It looks like all the UK insurers have stopped offering hunting insurance :(

Got the impression from your first post that this was your first time there!

I was was only joking too mate!

Anyway, very jealous of your adventure....enjoy!

Got the impression from your first post that this was your first time there!

I was was only joking too mate!

Anyway, very jealous of your adventure....enjoy!

Ahh first hunting adventure.

Last time I was there I was working at a photographic safari lodge. The only thing I managed to shoot was a hippo with a wooden golf ball and a monkey with a catapult.

Back