Hello from northwest England

webley701

Hello,
​My entire stalking experience (northwest of England) consists of several enjoyable accompanied outings, best described the the four legged version of the proverbial 'wild goose chase' about 25 years ago. One day out did result in success though - still very memorable. My patient host moved away soon after so that was the end of my stalking.

Aside from that I've shot competitive smallbore rifle & UIT 'free pistol' (when we had pistols) since my teens along with several years of NRA fullbore 'TR' more recently. Game shooting has been part of life to a greater or lesser degree depending on work & opportunity.

I maintain an interest in classic rifles (double & single barrelled) which of course ties in with stalking.

My current rifles range from .22 PPC-Short to .308 Win, including 6mm BR & 7x57 with vintage rifles in the recent past in various calibres from .450 BPE to .577NE

I don't shoot competitively now hence I'm looking forward to renewing my acquaintance with some Peak District & Highland deer.

I'm sure I'll be asking advice rather than giving it but I hope I can contribute to the forum somewhere along the line.:)

Hello,
I live at the south end of the region - Cheshire but work in the Manchester area. The small game shooting syndicate I'm in is near Formby - very close to what used to be a second home i.e. Altcar Ranges.

welcome to the sd not long joined myself great forum

i had free reign at altcar at one time bunnies everywhere.........little crosby ?

Hello Webley and Northwestpest, I'm up the road from you both. I shoot at Altcar and I'm guessing the small game shoot is North End. I used to shoot foxes on there.

Back