Optilock Mounts

joncarnage

I have fitted sako short bases on my sako 85 finnlight 6.5x55 (M action) I was just wondering should I have fitted the long as I've run out of elevation to zero my new Zeiss Victory HT 3-12x56 (normal turrets), sent the scope back and its come back with a clean bill of health? So scope ok, rifle grouping perfect (but low) so that only leaves the mounts or I'm I missing something?

When the scope was back in Germany, I dismantled the mounts rechecked everything and double checked when re fitting still can't get it high enough, really don't want to shim unless I have no alternative?

iv got the same bases on my 85 bases wont make any difference at all to the elevation of the scope.

I would try another set of mounts.

Is the rifle new, has it already been zeroed with another scope combo?

Jon,

This might sound daft and apologies if it does, but are the rings you have the same height ?. As others have said, I'd start with a different set of bases and mounts.

cheers,

Bob

I have fitted sako short bases on my sako 85 finnlight 6.5x55 (M action) I was just wondering should I have fitted the long as I've run out of elevation to zero my new Zeiss Victory HT 3-12x56 (normal turrets), sent the scope back and its come back with a clean bill of health? So scope ok, rifle grouping perfect (but low) so that only leaves the mounts or I'm I missing something?

When the scope was back in Germany, I dismantled the mounts rechecked everything and double checked when re fitting still can't get it high enough, really don't want to shim unless I have no alternative?

Did you ever get this sorted out?
If not, I've got a spare set of long action bases that have been modified by Swift Precision Rifles to give 20moa (20" @ 100yards) elevation.

Back