MTC Mamba 4-16X50/.243

Scuttlebuttin

Is anyone running an MTC Mamba 4-16X50 on a .243, there are very few scopes out there within my budget with the 4a reticule on.

You shouldn't have a problem with a MTC - Mamba's especially of all their scopes they (although are regarded as a airgun scope) are well built.

Have you not thought of going to a Leup and a fine ret? VXII's go from around £180-£300 mark? (Cost of a decent MTC?!)

T

Just seen your request elsewhere, and my thoughts are:

It is the wrong scope for a stalking rifle - far too heavy and bulky.

Nice scope (I have one) - wrong employment.

Rgds

Ian

I have a 1.5-6 Mamba on my 243wssm. Great scope and optics as good as some much more expensive scopes.
Never heard about them being an airgun scope before. I corresponded with the company before buying the scope and they were very helpful.
I am sending off for 4-16 this week.

It won't be a stalking scope as such, but will be going onto my CZ 550 American, due to a disability (false leg and tendon/ligament damage in my back) I can't and don't get about too well, so am reliant on my mate and his quad to get us to where we need to be, yes I'll be carrying it, but on my back riding the quad, then we just park up and wait.

kernel gadaffi said:
It won't be a stalking scope as such, but will be going onto my CZ 550 American, due to a disability (false leg and tendon/ligament damage in my back) I can't and don't get about too well, so am reliant on my mate and his quad to get us to where we need to be, yes I'll be carrying it, but on my back riding the quad, then we just park up and wait.

That being the case - it offers good optics for the money. :)

Rgds

Ian

I don't know much about them, but if it is an air rifle scope and has no parallax adjustment it will be set to a short range parallax and therefore not ideal for longer shots. Why not get a fixed power scope which tend to be cheaper? :confused:
Good luck.
MS :)

Mamba is NOT an air rifle scope

from the website
"The MTC Mamba is our new high end scope. This scope has the same excellent Optics as the Viper range but will appeal to the shooter who prefers to use low profile turrets. In fact these turrets are some of the lowest available, superb for those situations where knocking could occur. Like the Viper this rifle scope is suitable for all calibres from Air Rifle to .50BMG"

:oops:

MTC are regarded by most as Air rifle scopes. If you check out BBS they are widely regarded as a very good FT scope at best. Link is to BBS where people are reviewing them on their FT guns/HMR's and other rf's.

http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=365927

I once - for a laugh put a AGS VIPIR on my .308 (before the S&B was bought) just so l could get used to the gun/recoil.

Up/down turret busted on about 30th round and it was binned - not as good a quality as the MTC agreed, but not far off!

I'm sorry but if you put one of them on a big fifty, you'll either have it back off by the 10 shot or it'll have rattled itself to bits. There is no way these would stand up to a mule of of a gun like a 50.

I know a lot of stalkers both recreational and proffessional, none use MTC (perhaps on a .22 cf at best for foxing) but not on anything which is either regarded as a specific job rifle (i.e. 270 on long distance) or work horse (.243 / .30-06 /.308) -

Kernal - l would keep an eye on the classifieds for a leup/Pecar/Decent 'real' Tasco/or Bushnell, then get your money back selling the MTC!

Kernal asked if anyone was running one on a 243 and I am, without problems. He is on a budget and a Mamba would suit him just fine.

The 3-12 x 44 would be a better choice as a stalking scope.

You really do not need a 50 objective on a big game rifle.

IMHO :)

Rgds

Ian

Back