viht

wag

My Local Gunsmith said that the Viht Company was going under. He also said that it will also affect other rebranded powders? this Info came from the rep who supplies him with powder etc.

Call me sceptical, we've all heard the rumours, but I bet that wasn't the Vhitavouri rep

Laffin - i mentioned this info from my gun shop a couple of days ago - sit back and wait for the sarcastic smart ass comments :eek:)

My Local Gunsmith said that the Viht Company was going under. He also said that it will also affect other rebranded powders? this Info came from the rep who supplies him with powder etc.

What rep?

The UK importers dont have any reps in the UK... :cuckoo:

I think Viht is a subsidiary of Nammo Lapua so unless it has become really unprofitable for Lapua to use it for it's own bullets and powder I wouldn't have thought it would fold. I'd also imagine those somewhat nation-proud Fin's wouldn't want to rely on another country for a critical defence supplier like that. Then again it's a crazy world we live in...

Was covered under Powder Shortage a few days back...

Note that the parent company is quite big...Owns Vectan, what was Bofors and a few others. Viht's only worth 12m Euros a year (apparently) but it appears some of their powders are made elsewhere anyway.

Lie back and think of another keg...until it happens, which it hasn't.

​To be taken with a large pinch of salt.

It will survive I am certain. Whether that is another company acquiring it I'm not sure but until something happens they are still producing powder.

Last edited:
Just been told that the factory and brand is in the process of being taken over by managers/directors from the factory. Not sure how true this is as I could not find anything to support it online, I think only time will tell on his one.

Rick

Just been told that the factory and brand is in the process of being taken over by managers/directors from the factory. Not sure how true this is as I could not find anything to support it online, I think only time will tell on his one.

Rick

Hopefully good news as I really like their products. They even used to make good primers (used in my 357 back in the '80s) but I think some bright spark put a stop to that.

a news paper called
The Economic posted this :-
Economic 22.1.2013 at 14: 24
head lines translate to:patria: Sian is not interested
Ranskalaisomistaja has been providing Laukaan vihtavuori powder factory, a State-owned company Patria. If the factory does not go on to sell five a week, it will be closed. :scared:
o'well nevermind atleast you will have to pay £60-70 a tub anymore :doh:

Last edited:
Close down sale of Vihtavouri and Lapua

Well it looks as if something is amiss.
I've just received an email headed 'Close out Sale - Everything must go'

With 70% off Lapua brass its worth a buy from the US even with the carriage charges.

I seem to be unable to add the email or even copy and paste the address here so pm me with your email address for a copy.

Thanks for the email. It points to Vihtavuori-Smokeless-Powder and Lapua-Brass this is registered to Kaltron.inc so not sure what's going on with it. There's very little in the way of stock on the site.

There's no mention of anything on the main Lapua site at all, not even a link to the site selling the stuff.

Nammo, the owners of Lapua, have agreed, subject to due diligence, to buy Vihtavuouri. Official announcement 31 August, which is on the accurateshooter site

Back