Finished And Ready For Proof

Jager SA

Just finished my latest project:

6.5x284 Lapua on a Tikka 695 Action.
Border Archer 1-8.5 Twist 14x1 muzzle thread.
Second hand Tikka Laminate stock, stripped bare and recoated!

Rifle, magazine and housing coated in Cerakote (Yes I am certified, since 2010) Cost to coat barrel action bottom metal £85!

Shorten, thread, crown barrel £75 inc postage (UK)

Re Barrel around £550 depending on barrel.

Bedding £135

Coating of barrel as above, moderator £25 plus postage.

Coating of stock around £85 depending on prep required.

components before build.

Finished Project! Happy chappy! :)

Last edited:
Definitely looks pretty, :cool: the black barrel and action contrasts well with the stock.

Good work mate.

Tahr

Very nice, but should it not have gone to proof before coating ? Neil. :)

In theory yes, but Birmingham tend to strike the marks light which then gets covered with coating. I've had a few where it's been ok but as this is my rifle I don't mind the marks in the coating.

In theory yes, but Birmingham tend to strike the marks light which then gets covered with coating. I've had a few where it's been ok but as this is my rifle I don't mind the marks in the coating.

I had this problem with the London proof house marks, I asked that they be made clear enough to show once it had been nickel plated.
The reply was plate it first, I said fine if they guaranty it would not rust where they break the finish, the upshot was nice clear stamped marks, not the silly light engraving they have been using for the last few years, which showed clearly after a final polish and the nickel plating.

Neil. :)

​PS: Why Birmingham and not London ?

I had this problem with the London proof house marks, I asked that they be made clear enough to show once it had been nickel plated. The reply was plate it first, I said fine if they guaranty it would not rust where they break the finish, the upshot was nice clear stamped marks, not the silly light engraving they have been using for the last few years, which showed clearly after a final polish and the nickel plating. Neil. :) ​PS: Why Birmingham and not London ?

I've got someone who goes there quite regular, so he can a few I've got to go.

Makes sense, the two or three I have had re-proofed have either been through Leech's or the one in question buy a London dealer.
No need to suufer London if you don't have to :lol:

Neil. :)

Makes sense, the two or three I have had re-proofed have either been through Leech's or the one in question buy a London dealer. No need to suufer London if you don't have to :lol: Neil. :)

This is true...I've got 3 to go, might have 4 (6.5x47) if I can make the barrel in time! :)

New picatinny rail machined today and fitted...just needs anodising and then off to test her out! :)

Back