HELP for HEROES Prize Draw 2013

8x57

Distinguished Member
Monmouth & District Rifle Club in conjunction with the Stalking Directory are again holding a prize draw in aid of H4H. The draw will take place at the charity shoot hosted by Monmouth R.C., Troy range Monmouth on Sunday the 7th July 2013. Tickets cost £1 each.
Tickets will be for sale at the Phoenix meeting Bisley in May and at several game fairs including the BASC Wales country fair St Asaph on the 22/23 June. They may also be purchased online, details of which are included below.

Prizes.

1. Browning X – Bolt Hunter Rifle. Donated by the British Association for Shooting and Conservation (BASC) and by Browning.
Moderator from Jackson Rifles to the value of £350 donated by Dane & Co Tailor Made Hunting Rifles.
Niggeloh neoprene rifle sling donated by Mr Rupert Williams.

2. One day roe stalking in the Scottish borders.
Date by mutual agreement with Mr Paul O’Callaghan who donated the prize.

3. One day roe stalking in the Somerset.
Date to be by mutual agreement with Mr Pete Dennett who donated the prize.

4. One day deer stalking in the Herefordshire.
Date to be by mutual agreement with Mr Wayne Davies who donated the prize.

5. One day walked up partridge shooting.
Donated by Mr Shaun Freke.

6. Bespoke belt and cartridge pouch.
Donated by Mr Jon Moore of Moore Leather.

To buy tickets online.
1. Click on to http://www.bmycharity.com/MonmouthSDRifleShoot and make a donation to the equivalent of the number of tickets you require. Tickets are £1 each. If you require the tickets to be posted to you add 50 pence to cover postage other wise the organisers will hold the tickets on your behalf. This way all monies donated will go to H4H and not be wasted on postage.

2. Email MonmouthSD@gmail.com informing us of your donation and giving us your name and contact details. An email address and telephone number will be useful as we need to be able to contact the winners.

• A valid firearms certificate suitably varied and conditioned will need to be produced by the winner in order to take possession of the rifle and moderator.
  • Suitable sporting insurance cover is required for the stalking prizes e.g. membership of BASC, BDS or NGO. Estate rifles can be provided.
  • No cash alternatives to prizes are offered or available.

Help for Heroes is a charity registered with the charity commission. Registration number 1120920.
This event (charity shoot and prize draw) is registered with Help for Heroes. Event number 20130319-7497-3870
The prize draw has been licensed by Torfaen C.B.C. under The Gambling Act 2005. Licence number SL0153

I won't but I'm sure the wife and daughters will. That's if all the tickets are not sold out by then.:lol:

Thank you Simon, I am glad to see that the online system is working as it should do and that by doing it this way the charity benefits from gift aid. If you follow it up with an email by following the other link with a telephone number or some other way of getting in contact with you we can let you know if you win a prize.
Like you say a very worthy charity and one that has always been well supported by the shooting community.
ATVB

Mike.

Thank you Tony that's very generous of you once again. I will contact you by pm.

Thanks Rotwild and also also Caz518 just received your donations online.

One thing that has really struck me is how much the benefit of gift aid is to H4H and also by using their system as opposed to other online giving systems just how much commission is not being paid to outside companies. H4H is getting the full benefit.

Thanks Multiman, Radar_uk, and Sinbad your donations are noted and tickets purchased on your behalf.

Last edited:
8X57 it was nice meeting you on Friday at the range, your doing a great job for H4H !

Last edited:
8X57 it was nice meeting you on Friday at the range, your doing a great job for H4H !

Thanks Sako, the pleasure was all mine. I'm afraid I can't say the same for the dodgy company you are keeping though. :lol:

Just received notification of donations from BC and also Fred Duke. Can you let me know a bit more about yourselfs by sending me an email at MonmouthSD@gmail.com
I would also like to know the breakdown of the donation e.g. Raffle tickets or entries. Also contact details so that we can get in contact if you win a prize.

All sorted now, penny dropped regarding BC.

Last edited:
Back