Thread: How strong is a fox?

How strong is a fox?

I have a field where there is a high acitvity of swans. Here the other afternoon i found a dead one near a lake, so I decided to walk back to my car to get my phone. It became pretty dark as I went back to the swan so i brought my flashlight. When I got to the lake again the swan was gone, and 20 minutes ago it was right here where I stood. Well I looked around with my flashlight and saw something white 50-70 meters away. So while I was going to my car, something has carried or dragged the swan away.

I was wondering if a fox is so strong to carry a big swan like that?

Here in Denmark foxes is the largest predator, but there has been some wolfes activity lately?

A short answer is yes, plenty strong enough to carry drag away a full grown swan, at least the south yorks ones are as witnessed personally.
    Better to have failed again than to have lifted someones leg

Foxes account for just about every signet born around the lakes I look after and have taken first time
    breeding pairs on several occasions while they sit on the nest, after swimming 40 yards to do it.
    I should I am told by the club members do something about it, but to be honest I'd rather have a few foxes
    ​than a family of swans, far less agro from the foxes.

i have heard of some eastern european foxs doing the same !

Unfortunately due to the nature of my job, I have to remove dead swans on a fairly regular basis. Surprisingly a large adult swan is not that heavy, so I would not be surprised to think a fox could make off with one.