bullpup

Obviously there is a technical difference. But could not all strait pulls be considered a "pump" action?:stir::D Or is it only the position of the opperators hand that defines it?

Time for my tin hat!

Obviously there is a technical difference. But could not all strait pulls be considered a "pump" action?:stir::D Or is it only the position of the opperators hand that defines it?

Time for my tin hat!
I suspect the effective difference is whether you have to break your grip to work the action, with a straight pull you normally use one hand or the other to work the charging handle, with a pump action you can use the fore hand with out breaking your stance, also things have moved on since the legislation came in.....

ive seen a Ruger mini 14 in .223" with a slide cock front pistol grip technically speaking (under the letter of the law description) its not a pump action

Sounds interesting but also sounds like the owner has argueably effectively turned it into a pump action. :scared:

I suspect the effective difference is whether you have to break your grip to work the action, with a straight pull you normally use one hand or the other to work the charging handle, with a pump action you can use the fore hand with out breaking your stance, also things have moved on since the legislation came in.....

Very true that! Nicely put!

Sounds interesting but also sounds like the owner has argueably effectively turned it into a pump action. :scared:
hes a long standing RFD (yes i knw not automatic know everything Cert ) think it eh wording describing pump action being very specific
Lever action is legal and faster IMO so a Browning Tube gun in .223 converted to run M16 30rnd mags is faster

hes a long standing RFD (yes i knw not automatic know everything Cert ) think it eh wording describing pump action being very specific
Lever action is legal and faster IMO so a Browning Tube gun in .223 converted to run M16 30rnd mags is faster

What was the final word on lever release?
I know there was a 9mm SGC lever release at some point, which was contentious, but never saw the outcome.

What was the final word on lever release?
I know there was a 9mm SGC lever release at some point, which was contentious, but never saw the outcome.

The design was revised and they are now back in production.

I saw one of those at bisley last time I was there it has to be the fastest cycling non Semi I have seen. Is it a SGC design?

Yes it is made by the Southern Gun Company but it hasn't been without its fair share of problems both mechanical and legal. They are certainly not cheap and from what I can understand there are several different versions with differing magazine systems, some apparently work better than others. The choice of ammo that can be used in them has be subject to a lot of debate with SGC suggesting that only factory ammo should be used.

Yes it is made by the Southern Gun Company but it hasn't been without its fair share of problems both mechanical and legal. They are certainly not cheap and from what I can understand there are several different versions with differing magazine systems, some apparently work better than others. The choice of ammo that can be used in them has be subject to a lot of debate with SGC suggesting that only factory ammo should be used.
not quite, Bob is happy to discuss and supply reloading components for them, its just if it blows up (has happened) or breaks in any way there may be no warranty unless you have used only factory ammo in it.

I have several friends who use Crapahute rifles.

Based on the Mauser 98 action with a linkage trigger in synthetic stock, they offer excellent carry ability and pointability

Not my bag really, but they work, they are accurate and the guys who own them, use nothing else.

That looks like a design I had in mind! I have spent a bit of time today brain storming how this could be done! I think the op has a full bullpup in mind. But the way the T3 action is designed,cocking the action and cycling the bolt is going to be a real PITA. 60deg bolt lift is the issue! I suppose some kind of sliding double ramp carriage might work!

Now a blaser bullpup would be, in theory quite doable. Apart from the safety!

There is a reason why bullpups tend to be semi autos!

I can come up with a stock design but to be honest you really need a strait pull action to make it work! IMHO.
In truth though a stalking bullpup for the woods would very usefull!

Any one got a R93 doner action?

You can buy a Pfeiffer Waffen bullpup through Fox firearms in Manchester.
I have met the Global Rifle folks several times, but I really did not warm to them at all, and I not going to spend any money there.

Dta in .338

E2FEBDA4-7DAB-4041-B27C-356E9CD1BFC6-1434-000000AEE5F86FF1_zps878ad0dc.jpg

Cf. this R93 bullpup from Niedermier.

As with Pfeifer, Global Rifle is the UK source.

Thats close to what I had in mind. But I have in my mind a way to action the bolt from the front. That way you don't have to break your sight picture. Plus build in a automatic trigger safety.

Back