pip

Hi.
Joined the site a couple of days ago. Live in Somerset & have been stalking for 17 yrs. Mainly stalk Sika, red & roe but have had experience on all British deer and boar. Also hunted boar on the continent and have a couple of Africa trips under my belt and have taken 3 of the big 5.
Shoot a Blaser professional in 25-06 & .300 Win Mag. Also have a couple of 22 LRs, a .223 & a .416 Rem.

:) Hi you have found a top site with loads of helpfull poeple,I hope you post so of your exeriences.
Wayne
Amberdog

Welcome Pip - strange to have two of us in Somerset; although there were three in my class at school so maybe not!

Anyway, I'm based near Minehead - pretty new really to shooting, unlike you from the sounds of it! Look forward to hearing some of your tales...

Pippa

Hi Pippa

Thanks for the welcome. There arn't that many of us around the Bath area although I do have family down round the Quantocks.

You are in a great area for reds and fallow. Do you get to stalk them very often?

Sadly I'm still very new to deer stalking, especially in this area as I only moved here a couple of years ago - I was in Wiltshire before.

The area seems very 'clique'y and full of huntsmen that guard the deer territory jealously - or at least this is the story I'm getting so far. I'll hopefully be out beating with one or other of my Welsh Terriers when the season starts, and with luck will meet up with a few riflemen amongst the guns. Perhaps that will get me a foot in the door with the local stalkers... :)

So far I'm having to limit my stalking to bought days...

Pippa said:
Sadly I'm still very new to deer stalking, especially in this area as I only moved here a couple of years ago - I was in Wiltshire before.

The area seems very 'clique'y and full of huntsmen that guard the deer territory jealously - or at least this is the story I'm getting so far. I'll hopefully be out beating with one or other of my Welsh Terriers when the season starts, and with luck will meet up with a few riflemen amongst the guns. Perhaps that will get me a foot in the door with the local stalkers... :)

So far I'm having to limit my stalking to bought days...
Woah there Pippa!!, It's not all dead wood out there! you will have to be patient though, you'll land on someone or something to suit, just give it a little time! ;)

Back