Poor bugger

V 90 mud

image.jpgimage.jpgShot this bugger earlier ! It's been on the rampage for a while now ! Caught on trail cam several times nailing chickens turkeys and a couple of lambs . Noticed it limping yesterday so at up this eve and ended its suffering ! Quite clearly a bullet entry and exit wound !! Taking the inside out and removing the back of front paw and pads . Glad to finally take it out of action and doubly glad to end it's recent suffering

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 254
A good one to get, poor sod would have been suffering badly for a long time otherwise.

Neil. :)

is it the angle of your photograph or is that head more domestic dog like than fox ?

Does seem to have a dog like nose, (for a fox!! that is)

M

Im not a fan of the its only a fox brigade lets take a shot wed never even contemplate for a deer

I appreciate for some the misery they can cause but in making the decision to dispatch an animal imo it should be done humanely

Yes it annoys me how many people think its acceptable to slap a round on a fox rather that looking for a target zone to ensure a clean kill.

Range is more difficult to judge at night and this makes it all the more important. Not least because if you miss you have yet another lamp shy fox.

I keep poultry. I understand how desparately many want them dead but don't shoot them beyond your ability.

Looks like a .17 HMR wound :stir:

I fully agree with the shot placement requirement, whatever live quarry you are shooting, but assumption is the mother of confusion, unless I was the one that put in the wound pictured, I would not know for certain it is a bullet wound, I have found fox stuck in traps/ wires/ etc with fresh wounds obviously caused by struggling to escape, so laying an unknown cause at the feet of an unknown rifleman ....... ?

Poor sod every animal deserves better than that long shot??? mistakes happen but we see too often boasts of shooting a extreme range :doh:

I would also question whether that was a bullet wound.
+1. Are you suggesting that the bullet entered the foot and exited the thigh or vice versa???? I just cant imagine the angle to get a wound like that. It looks like rub marks at the top? Possible the fox even did some of this to itself

nice to end its suffering, the wound well i can't see enough to tell but I did have one last year had the front of its jaw missing that looked like it had been shot off very nasty mess and you can only imagine the pain it was in.

Mmmm, foxes don't fight. Foxes don't get injured. Foxes don't get into road accidents. Foxes don't eat other foxes. Foxes don't get skin condition that they try to heal by licking. Foxes never cut themselves.... No, it's always the guy that shoots the land next to ours with that un-zeroed rifle at 400y??

the man that hasn't wounded a fox, hasn't shot at many, even the best of us miss, those that say they havn't have at best selective memories and at worst over inflated ego's

Tikkat3

often you won't even know you've done it, I had one last summer I would have sworn was a clean miss but caught up with it in the next field and shot it there to find a broken leg from the first bullet.

Back