any info on a pro hunter please

Had one for two years good workhorse rifle shot well out of the box using Norma ammo 120 gr bt not used anything else as I have a 308 pro hunter too .plenty of knockers out there regarding the stock, safety ,sweated barrel Ect ,but they do what they say on the box .i am having a stock made for the 308 so they can be replaced folks tell me they can be rebarrelled and as for the safety I think it's sweet . Plenty of deer would testify if theycould talk but they are dead !
​Norma

​Ps the 6.5 is so sweet a round love it .

I have the pro hunter stainless in 308. Accurate, easy to maintain. Has been my main rifle for deer and range work for a number of years now. The only issue I had with it was using an over the barrel mod (T8) when the accuracy would go out after 5/6 rounds on the range. I believe this was caused by heat build up causing a change in the tightness where the mod touched the barrel changing the POA. Fixed by replacing the mod with a different type.

Mulac

thanks for that mate the one im looking at is the mark ii with the upgraded foreend stock as the early ones flexed so im told. im using a vanguard .243 and that's been a good work horse straight from the box. thanks again bigbird

Got an ase utra north star on mine doesn't warm the barrel up so much .although it screws back over the barrel it doesn't touch there is a gap.
​norma

I've got one in .243 and can't fault it. The trigger is fantastic and I've never bad a problem with the stock. I am so pleased with it I've have brought the same rifle but in the shorter barreled mountain version in .270. I've also had no problems with the t8 mod either.

Jimmy

Back