Any experience with Browning CCS 525 Elite ? Or recommendations ?

Lateral

I have a bee in my bonnet about getting a double rifle. I want to do some driven boar, but also love the traditional aspect. I'm not going to be shooting boar on a regular basis, so I can't justify spending silly amounts, and the Browning may be an option.

Anyone have any experience with them, or I'm open to alternative suggestions ?

Mark.

Mark - I have just got one in 9.3x74R for driven boar. Really good piece of kit and well worth the money in my book. I intend using it with the iron sights and Norma 285gr Alaskan sp's. It handles well and is comfortable to carry. In my opinion it is as good as it gets before prices start getting out of my league. Will be taking it to Croatia in December.

Thanks for the quick reply. Can you give me an indication of the recoil on a 9.3 x 74R, compared to say a 12G ?

Thought the Croatia trip was in Nov', or is that a different one ? I'm hoping to get on one of the trips myself.

Mark.

Recoil is about the same I suppose, you won't notice it though when you are 'in action'! The trip I am on is in mid December with Basswood Sporting, it is my fourth time and they are a good outfit.

Ivor @ Old Mill Guns had a vgc Laurona 30-06 for under a grand, you can use it for both uk deer and abroad

Back