I heard a cuckoo this am

Cyres

Well I heard my first call at 6.30am so spring is here!!

Quite rare nowerdays always remember they where arround when the hedges were in full leaf and the apple blossom was out. I hope he has his thermals.

D

Heard one yesterday, did you say spring is here ?
Pretty cool here again this morning, trees and hedges only just waking up.
As for the crops........don't get me started.:banghead:

Have not heard one around here for years. Mind you we don't see the Hen Harrier now nor the Montagu's Harrier since they blanketed the area with Maize for bio fuels. The Grey Partridge we used to see on our small field have gone. The Maize has driven them away. Nothing in it for them to feed on and they cannot see predators so they have moved to better pastures. have not heard a Sky lark either this year again they cannot live in this Bio Fuel crop... so much for saving the planet and it's wildlife.

Surprised they are in the Borders my parents who are near Kelso haven't heard one for years.

D

No cuckoos here on the Isle of Wight yet, I didn't hear one at all last year but several the year before. I do wonder if the increased raptor & Raven populations are predating on so many small birds that those that used to be common are now becoming rare. atb Tim

Back