Roe in Perthshire

Alan413

Was on a road trip up above Perth the day dropping off a pressure washer to get fixed. Left Hartwood at 830, it was ****ing down. Got over the forth bridge. Still ****ing down. About Kinross bloody hell sun. What a cracking day after that. Grass blowing in the wind. Bone dry. Boys in the field, Working ground. What a lovely part of Scotland. Anyway satnav took me some cracking wee back roads. Deer everywhere. Grazing on the young lush barley. Groups of 4 or 5 roe. Couple of big bucks. All the deer looking in great condition for having a wet and cold year. Wish the deer down way were looking as good as them. It's still soaking down here and grass is still nowhere to be seen. Needing a couple of warm dry weeks even months. (Being a farmer myself I need it to hurry up my lambs are getting hungry).
On the way back down and what do you know. More rain. Not good. But the night has been great sun is out and hopefully the grass is jumping.
I should have gone up there last night, stayed and gone stalking first thing, then drop the washer off. Then get another outing before I have to go home.
Maybe next time I should pull my finger out and get it done.
Cheers
Alan

Alan I've just travelled down from Aberdeen and pretty much the same seen groups of 5s and 6 if some fields in Aberdeen at 4 in the afternoon and seen plenty more on the road side on the way down ,drove through a sun shower at harthill but that apart it was a lovely drive.

Alan I've just travelled down from Aberdeen and pretty much the same seen groups of 5s and 6 if some fields in Aberdeen at 4 in the afternoon and seen plenty more on the road side on the way down ,drove through a sun shower at harthill but that apart it was a lovely drive.
It's no bad at Hartwood the now. Give it 10mins and it will be raining again.
Where in north Lanarkshire are you

cheersalan

Nowt on the ground I've got down here atol a few on ground my mates got but it gets hammered by poachers , trying to get some stalking along with a friend but its proving difficult . Are you getting much round your way.

​Cheers Billy.

Got abit on the farm I work on. Going to Penicuik next week for the bucks. Hopefully get a few. A mate was suppose to be coming with me but has dropped out. O well.
Got a week booked up north with the boys for the stag which is alway good.
Trying to get the foxes sorted out here aswel hard when it's this wet

Good to hear your getting out mate I've kinda been restricted to the foxes lately because of work and other commitments but hopefully get out for a stalk soon.

I need to get out more. It cost a lot to get out stalking the now. But this place at Penicuik is quite good. I shot it last year. So I am getting first dibs on the bucks this year. Some cracking deer on the place. And it's no far from the house

Sounds good mate ,if your ever needing a hand wi the foxes and I'm not working away gies a shout and ill help you out .

Had another nice wee jaunt today upto Glenrothes then over to Gleneagles some cracking views and what looked like cracking bits for stalking .You know it to we'll Dave , how's things with you mate hope the holiday was good.

Last edited:
Back