Thread: new lapua brass ?

new lapua brass ?

Hi all,
    This may sound daft but I have reloaded for my 7mm 08 for a long time but have only ever bought and used fired once brass before.
    I have recently bought some .308 lapua brand new cases for my blaser here comes the daft bit ! Do I need to do anything to them before I reload them ?
    I am guessing not apart from making sure they are clean and free from FOD (foreign object debris) but I do want to check.
    Also is there likely to be any difference in accuracy when I reload these cases after I have fired them once in my rifle.

Cheers Mark

Run the expander ball through the necks because some maybe out of shape,check them all,if they look ok shamfer,prime and load up.

I would check that the brass fits your chamber. If it does, all I would do is run the brass through an expander mandrel to take any dings out of the case mouths.

​Regards JCS

It can be that simple but for my factory 7-08 it wasn't. I ended up getting a neck turning set which ended up the same price as the best quality 7-08 brass but I now have the bits to turn cheap .308 brass into 7mm that works exceptionally well in my rifle <.6 moa consistently.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!
    Another 7mm08 shooter!

I use it in my 30-06 fires spot on first time out just put it through the sizing die and chamfer the neck
    use it on my .243 as well