AW wanted for N. Dorset

teyhan1

For those that don't know I've set myself the task of getting DSC1 & 2 in one year to update my qualifications. Started today and passed shooting and safety :p Tomorrow it's recognition and multiple guess:rofl:. I already have the meat regs from 7 years ago!! As soon as I have this is the bag I am going to launch straight into DSC2. I know I'll have to register and will have to find an AW so thought I'd start now.
I have some of my own ground and have bucks to pull on so, can you assist please.
Thanks
Glynn

P.S. I am trying to keep the cost down as I thought I'd done all this with the Advanced NSCC 17 years ago

Once you register for DSC 2, you will receive a list of AW's in your area. I'll PM you some!
Who are you doing your DSC 1 with out of interest? Was it cheaper than BDS?
MS

Last edited:
Ah, this is the bit that sucks.
In the end I booked with the BDS. It was a time thing, wanting to just get on. Despite an extremely generous offer from Mike @ Jelen and then my best efforts to cancel the course, the paperwork had gone and I just had to suck it up. So any moralistic stance I was taking with the BDS was completely blown out the window, much to my shame and embarassment.
However I did get a refund of £25 from them when I explained that I had done my meat and game regs in 2006 and have an NGO number

Ah well, no shame in wanting to get it sorted. Your views may even change on completion!
Good luck with your assessments.
MS.

I'll put my helmet on now ....
but I still do not think that DSC1 should be be a precursor to getting a gun. It should be the precursor to getting a license !! DSC2 should be when your allowed out on your own.
I'll take cover now

Back