What rifle for 1500 quid?

jimbo1984

Hi gents
ive put in for my fac in 7 mm 08 I'm looking for a rifle my budget is 1500 quid I've been looking at the saki 85 and steyr classic half stock , I'm not a Fan of synthetic stocked rifles , not averse to buying a good second hand gun, any suggestions ?

many thanks
Jim

Last edited:
Hi jim,if you buy a sako or tikka you can't go wrong,personally from recent experience I would buy remy that has been customised ie rebarrelled as the add ons are endless and you can build yourself the sexyist rifle ever to your own spec,regards swarovski

The standard blued hunter Sako will do you very nicely. I have an older 75 varmint in the same calibre, I love it to bits but although nice on the range the heavy barrel is an unnecessary encumberance out in the field.

Hi jim,if you buy a sako or tikka you can't go wrong,personally from recent experience I would buy remy that has been customised ie rebarrelled as the add ons are endless and you can build yourself the sexyist rifle ever to your own spec,regards swarovski
Hi Swarovski

Im leaning more towards a sako I'm not really a fan of anything Remington as I can't be doing with throwing money at a rifle to make it shoot I've heard of a few accuracy issues with Remington

​Jim

Back