I need a new target...

ths84

Well being a little bored yesterday afternoon I decided to take out the 300 as its been in the cabinet for nearly a month and I wanted to get ready for some long range foxes in the summer months.

200m shot 10mm Steel target on a swing arm with gusty winds from left to right, the bottom left shot actually hit the support leg when it glanced off and blew it in half so now I need a new target to shoot at.

This was with 180gr SST over 64.5gr N160
photo.jpg

Long range has started already for me, took this one early sunday at 400m (2.1 mils) in perfect no wind conditions, 155 scenar

9F161B89-4F99-45C8-A730-CAA0F137C0A8-1037-0000007F13B2C61A_zpsa6f6a48b.jpg

Got some gongs from Bruce Hutton as mentioned in posts above - very good and great service - very fast delivery.

No business link! ;)

Or if doing it as cheap as possible & you own a welder just fill it up.... Even better is stitch a plate onto a plate to double up thickness etc
Paul

You can make a useful bullet proof gong cheaply out of the ends of old lorry springs cut off at 6" or so. They come with a built in pivot hole
Regards Todhunter

Well being a little bored yesterday afternoon I decided to take out the 300 as its been in the cabinet for nearly a month and I wanted to get ready for some long range foxes in the summer months.

200m shot 10mm Steel target on a swing arm with gusty winds from left to right, the bottom left shot actually hit the support leg when it glanced off and blew it in half so now I need a new target to shoot at.

This was with 180gr SST over 64.5gr N160
View attachment 27662
what 300 shotgun was that :rofl:,you definately need some practice :eek:

Last edited:
Back