Blazer R8

viney

Considering swapping my manlicher pro hunter for a Blazer R8 what's peoples thoughts, quite a cash injection needed is it worth the move ???????:confused:

In my opinion yes.
Very accurate rifle ( after initial bedding 60 - 80 rounds )
Scope off and easy access to the chamber for cleaning, scope back on and returns to zero.
Breaks down in seconds for transportation.
put back together and returns to zero.
Option to buy another barrel.
Remove magazine / trigger system and put in your pocket.

In my opinion yes.
Very accurate rifle ( after initial bedding 60 - 80 rounds )
Scope off and easy access to the chamber for cleaning, scope back on and returns to zero.
Breaks down in seconds for transportation.
put back together and returns to zero.
Option to buy another barrel.
Remove magazine / trigger system and put in your pocket.

+ 1 money worth spending. Regards pete

Changed my prohunter for an r93 years ago, never looked back. Still use one in .243, do it, you wont regret.

I changed my pro hunter for an R8 3 years ago for .223/.270 barrels and would never change but that's just my opinion. They are not cheap but are built to last and are very accurate even with factory ammo. Easy to strip and clean/swap barrels over. If you like the straight pull you wont miss the old bolt action.

Cheers wallace

Would you consider an R93 instead as it might save you a lot of cash, which you could spend on more stalking. I'm not in the market but for a while there were lots of adverts for various R93 packages at very good prices, I don't know if that is still the case. You might find the R93 offers all the advantages of the R8, except a few large bore cartridges, for a lot less cash.

Funny that you should mention that Caorach. it was my intention to replace the R93 that I had purchased S/H with a brand new one, however when I got to the dealers (Mulliners) I liked the r8 better and bought one instead. Comparatively I would agree that the better deals are currently on the r93. atb Tim

Love my R8 success, one of my better buys, can't ever see me wanting anything else now and just so damn accurate, always returns to zero after strip down, having the scope mounted on the barrel has a lot to do with how accurate they are IMO, and the trigger is perfect.

I've just bought an R8 professional in .243 and so far am most impressed. 3/4 inch groups at 100 yards while messing about shooting in the barrel. Its fitted with a Hardy Gen 4 mod and feels a solid, well balanced rifle. Will also be looking to get a 30/06 barrel for it for larger deer/Africa so the cost starts to look not too bad, comparable to buying two new Sako's. Shot my first buck with it last night and so far definately no regrets.

Love my R8 success, one of my better buys, can't ever see me wanting anything else now and just so damn accurate, always returns to zero after strip down, having the scope mounted on the barrel has a lot to do with how accurate they are IMO, and the trigger is perfect.
Any possibility of a photo of the success?

Oh dear to my eyes that looks like one or those Chinese air guns one sees in the big two age ads in Gunmart.

Back