NIGGELOH BACKPACK SLING

Yes got one on my t3 varmint, a good sling. The plastic quick release clips might seam a bit of a weak point but have had no probs with mine.
Jonathon

I've got something similar made by Harkila - it looks like an fairly wide ordinary sling but has a zip down the middle to split it in two, turning it into a rucksack sling.

Excellent for the rare occasions I actually walk anywhere with my 100lb (only a slight exaggeration - it's got a barrel like a piece of field artillery) tactical foxing rifle, instead of driving to within 150yd and pointing it out of the truck window :oops: I might bung it on my stalking rifle for my first Scottish outing on the hill.

Adam.

have had one for about 3 years it's very good a mate bought a sling from macleods of tain think it was called a z aim which he seems quite pleased with also a rucksac style sling

adam what have i told you about shooting out of the truck BDS stalking rules only and you will not have the truck to shoot out of where i am taking you next week ,how am i going to get you through your dsc 2 if you won't walk and stalk :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think if you're walking on the hill they are a must, I've got them on all my rifles,shotgun and Brady slips.
Before using these I had constant trouble with sore neck/shoulder, my physio would ban single straps.
Excellent piece of kit.

Had a Z-aim sling.It offers better adjustment and stabillity but it was v poor quality and fell apart. Admittedly It was well used but a lot of money for only 12months use.
I've had niggloh for over a year now and it is very good and should last a good few years yet.
Get one.

regards

Ive used you for the last two seasons i find it a great bit of kit especially if you have a long crawl/stalk and also when your dragging an animal you dont even notice the rifle on your back. Definately recomend them.

wicklow202

Brilliant bit of kit. Would not have anything else. Like wicklow202, when dragging you never have the problem of you rifle slipping off your shoulder or getting in the way. They also have a quick release catch, which with practice is great.
Got mine from http://www.fishermanstacklecompany.co.uk/index.cgi?page=home.html&d=2&mid=MM25&cid=2234212_7231 it might not be on their website, which looks fishing based, but has some great shooting products. I gave them a call and they sorted one out for me.

Regards, yabanjin.

Not sure if viewed as thread hijack - apologies if that is the case, but seemed directly relevant to some of the posted responses.

Secondly - feel free to have a good chuckle if this proves to be a 'bath tap moment' ( will clarify if required, but would really be wandering off the point! )

I got one of these in an attempt to overcome the problem of a moderated rifle constantly pulling backwards on a single sling.

Seemed very good and worked well regards elimanting original problem - but no matter how I tried to carry/ set it up, the edge of the bipod was firmly and very uncomfortably pressed into my back. Just couldnt get comfy.

Is it me just being a podger or is there a trick/ tip to getting it set up right?

Rucksack sling

Hi,
I only know of them being used when tracking downed = wounded beasts in Europe mainly Germany.
The tracker with the dog on a long line uses both hands for dog control and the (cut down short barrel) rifle has a sling swivel at the muzzle and one sideways on the stock so the whole unit hangs low and flat on their back and so will also not catch on branches during the search (can last 10kms) then just hit quick release knob and swing over to shooting position and boom = job done.

Regards

Bavarianbrit

Back