Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nighforce and Sportsman gun centre

Nighforce and Sportsman gun centre

I sent my nightforce scope to Sportsman gun centre 2 months ago regarding a problem with the illumination . I received it through the post today out of the blue , checked over and with a note saying serviced under warranty and no fault found. I must say its all working now. all seems good when the scope is mounted but will no more when I live fire it. However, it returned to me with no bill or invoice due, thats what I call good service.

You were without your scope for 2 months and they did nothing to it, yet you are pleased?

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

A strange things with Night Force scopes. Evidently they are getting a substantial amount of returns to the factory due to a yellowing of the optics; Substantial enough that they are having a hard time keeping up with the influx. The official word it that they are working on the problem and appreciate peoples business and, more, their patience.

This from a person who hangs inside the industry, not me. I trust him, though.~Muir

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    You were without your scope for 2 months and they did nothing to it, yet you are pleased?
    +1 "that's what I call crap service"

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    Nairn, Inverness-shire
    I'd have to agree, I had a focus issue with my Swarovski 10x42 Binos, sent to Swarovski and returned as new with a 3 week turnaround.

2 months for no repair and your not sure if it's rectified.......
    I'd hold off on judgement until your 100%.

Good luck and I hope you're happy with the result.

Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

Quote Originally Posted by liongeorge View Post
    +1 "that's what I call crap service"
    They obviously sent it back and could not find a problem after testing. So they did do something,I took my jeep in to the garage as it had a habit of changing gear for no reason, after 3 days of testing,they could not figure out what the problem was even with the in built computer, I got a bill for 2500 as they decided to change the gear box. Perhaps they should have just sent him a we scope with a bill for it, some people need to live in the real world.
    ​Apache if I am correct your a vet, do you still charge if you don,t cure the patient.
    Last edited by Taff; 03-05-2013 at 08:07.

I'm still happy with their service. Apache, my Nightforce was maybe away for 2 months but it was not working as it should so i got it checked out. This had to go to the U.S. to be inspected and Sportsman Guncentre informed me it could take 6-8 wks. I was okay with this as i had just bought a Schmidt and Bender PM2. My Nightforce is back on my rifle again and zeroed.

Nighforce and Sportsman gun centre

the scopes i don't rate and the service from sportsman seems to be heading the same way ?

WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Can't really see that Sportsman could do any more for the customer?

As long as Ian is happy what differance does it make to anyone else.