BROWNING X- BOLT. Anyone using this ???

Dax

Is anyone using a browning x bolt ?

i am asking as thinking about buying one for fox and roe deer

​comments would be appreciated guys cheers

Hi Dax,
I bought a xbolt in 243 for exactly the same reasons as you. Stainless fluted with synthetic stock. I have found no faults with it, it shoots Winchester silvertips 95gn on top of each other at 100 metres,
I use the same bullet for both roe and fox
I have an Atec Maxim mod with a Zeiss 2.5-10x50 which gives me an all up weight of under 4 kilos
If you have any other questions let me know

Dave

I have a x-bolt in 243. Composite stalker , amazine rifle , the stock has a quality feel to it , shoots my 75 gr v-max 1/2 at 100! Real good rifle. Just wish I had bought the stainless . I

Cheers may come back to you mate if i decide to go for it questions may appear cheers

I have one in 22/250 for foxes and can't fault it now. I did have to get the trigger pull lightened as I felt it was too heavy.

synthetic stainless shoots sub 1in with both factory or handloads had mine 3 years plus with no problems

What sort of distance is it accurate to

​can you give me an idea of drop over distance please

Bloody awful rifle! Terrible magazine feed, innaccurate after 3 shots, stock is too short, etc, etc. Just google what the Americans are saying about them if you don't believe me - reviews are universally poor!

Was glad to be rid of mine!

Bloody awful rifle! Terrible magazine feed, innaccurate after 3 shots, stock is too short, etc, etc. Just google what the Americans are saying about them if you don't believe me - reviews are universally poor!

Was glad to be rid of mine!

could you please explain why they are inaccurate after three rounds please? I think this will be my next purchase in .270.
Thanks 1995rs

You would be better getting a Tikka the Browning trigger is awfull.

A quick and simple trim of the spring has the pull weight down to 1lb, and it is as crisp and predicable
as anybody bar an all out target shooter could ever need.

Neil. :)

I own an A bolt in .308 and it was a doddle to set the spring to a lighter setting. the rifle is as accurate as I can be, and I am extremely happy with it. I know it is not an x bolt, but I believe they are uite similar.

I had a .223 x-bolt stainless stalker. Loved it. Accurate. Good trigger. Fed well. Wish I still had it. I used it at 982yards once. Hit the target a few times with NATO surplus ammo, which really shouldn't shoot well through a 1 in 12" barrel, but I had it on the point so tried it for a laugh and hit 3/5 times so was pretty happy.
The only reasons for me now replacing with a tikka, lack of a decent one piece piccatinny rail for the .223 super short action. And the barrel/action thread is so fine they 'gall' up when removing, where the tikka 're-barrels' easy, and there is more available 'aftermarket' parts. But I tend to get through barrels, so a rifle that can be 'recycled' makes sense to me.
​For a rifle that will shoot 500 a year, as opposed to in a weekend, I'd have another.

I have a .223 varmint hunter. Its very accurate up to 55grs. bullets. You need to adjust the trigger. I shot some roe deer up to 270m without any problems.

the good things are:

unload with saftey on

cheap scope mount

cheap gun, worth the money

could you please explain why they are inaccurate after three rounds please? I think this will be my next purchase in .270.
Thanks 1995rs

I think it was down to the light barrel and me using a reflex mod - barrel would heat up quickly then wouldn't cool down. Tried without the mod and had similar but less pronounced issues.

Back