Can Fallow Deer use a calender?

Paul M

So, the fallow season has ended. We went out this morning to a friends woods where there are also a few roe. Why did I find three fallow does under my high seat before I get to it? Son stalks on to another high seat in the next valley - fifteen more fallow appear to my 2 o'clock about 80m away disturbed by him en route to his seat! No roe show for two hours. Breakfast of bacon and pheasant eggs with mushrooms and tomatoes seems the best prospect and, as I walk back down the track to r.v. with son - twenty more fallow get up from sunning themselves on a bank beside the track! Tempted to take up fishing:doh:

Have you never found a deers calender in the woods?
The pictures in them make you cringe .. Stalkers in cammo hanging by their nuts, another of just the rifle butt protruding from a stalkers arse and of course the full list of human seasons. :D

don't about deer use one !! but the ducks on the east fleet naff off on the 1st day every year :rofl:

Cool - I always wondered what they were! I shot a big fallow buck last season that looked like the Lancasters that bombed Germany - He had a line of high seats with a cross on each, two silhouettes of stalkers with rifles - again crossed out and you don't want to know what they did to the dogs for deer :lol:

Went out this morning, seventeen fallow bucks, three roe does, one roe buck with a rocket up his axxx, which one was shootable.

So, the fallow season has ended. We went out this morning to a friends woods where there are also a few roe. Why did I find three fallow does under my high seat before I get to it? Son stalks on to another high seat in the next valley - fifteen more fallow appear to my 2 o'clock about 80m away disturbed by him en route to his seat! No roe show for two hours. Breakfast of bacon and pheasant eggs with mushrooms and tomatoes seems the best prospect and, as I walk back down the track to r.v. with son - twenty more fallow get up from sunning themselves on a bank beside the track! Tempted to take up fishing:doh:

​Of course all deer can along with other species that are hunted. Where I wildfowl no shooting is allowed between 10 am and 3 pm, so of course flights in 10.01 am and flights out at 2.59pm.

Back