Thread: Blaser R93 . 22 Coversion Kit

Blaser R93 . 22 Coversion Kit

Morning All
    I was wondering if anybody has owned or used a .22 conversion kit for a Blaser R93?
    Expensive toy ? Excellent ? Complete waste of money ?
    Any comments would be welcomed

I was looking at one at the shooting show, bloody horrible is how I would describe it. To my eye it looked like a submunition conversion on an anti-tank gun. Saying that it may work quite well I don't know.

Just thinking about it the unit I saw may have been fitted on an R8. The magazine and magazine housing came out of the side of the receiver at an angle and was not the prettiest of solutions.
    Last edited by 8x57; 04-05-2013 at 11:33.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Thanks for that Mike - that's confirmed my suspicions - I think the one at the shooting show may have been in .17HMR - but as you point out , not a pretty sight!
    Anyone else?

It was in .17hmr Ed. My mate and I both said the same just plain ugly. No doubt function over elegance which is a pity because Blaser normally get it right.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Much as I enjoy using my Blaser R8 when it comes to rimfires I prefer the CZ 452. atb Tim

i would buy a rimfire conversion for my r8

I'd love one, no matter what they look like, just to be able to practise a lot with my normal rifle, trigger and so on. However, I think the last time I looked into the conversion for my R93 it was 1500 and no matter how hard I try I can't convince myself to spend that sort of cash.
    For self catering accommodation on the Isle of Lewis please visit:

I've got a 22 conversion kit. Bought it with my R93 when I first bought it along with several barrels. I've used it quite successfully to shoot rabbits and hares. They are very accurate using Eley target ammunition. I used a 1-4x24 swarovski scope with it. It is expensive compared to my Sako quad and I like the sako quad better as it is lighter. However its easy to pack the 22LR and 30-06 barrel in my case when travelling to economise the space. Its also great practice for shooting offhand. I've shot several thousand rounds which would have cost you a fortune in ammo in the larger calibres. I wouldn't say it was a waste of money, or ugly, its quite ingenious that you can shoot rimfire in your centrefire. It would have been nice to have 10round magazines. I would buy one again, and I hope they bring one out for the R8 users.