Pink salmon fly

Alan413

To all you fishermen. I am looking for a pink fluffy fly. Could be an ally shrimp or some other shrimp pattern. I was up stalking at Dundonuld last year. And the stalker and I were after a fish. The fish didn't want anything we throw at them. The boy asked for a daffy fly to get them moving abit. Boom first cast on with a fish. Boom boom on with a 2nd fish. Boom boom boom. Caught a tree ha. Fun over. Lost my fly.
All the fish were put back but got some good pic with this fly in there mouths.
Just wondering if anyone new of anywhere or anyone that I took buy a few or get them to tie a couple. It's more of a joke than anything else. And it will save me climbing that bloody tree.
Cheers
Alan

If you google 'pink salmon fly' and then select 'images' there are loads on there! I'm sure you will find the one you used if it was that good!
MS

Shows a pic of the fly Alan and it may be easier to I.d. it for you.

Pink is not an uncommon colour for some early season flies after the rip roaring success of the "pinkie" flying c's success on the Tay etc..but probably used way before then by some closet pink fans :D

Show us a pic mate. I will show it to my mate who is a pro fly tier and might be able to help you out.

Cheers guys. Great help. Yeah it was like that ally but all pink and a lot more off it.
Cheers again
alan

Sounds like it may have been an Ally's shrimp tied with artic fox fur or similar material the appear bulky when dry, but very mobile when swimming

I went to Glasgow angling centre the other day and had a look. Could not find one at all. Loads of other nice looking flies all the same.

There's a professional fly tyer up in Thurso who ties a fly called "the pink panther". I caught a few salmon on it last season.

pink flies.jpg email me your address and these will soon be yours. Guaranteed to get wet if you put them in water. No further warranty given. ;)

Wait until you see them in real life !!!! Camera closed down due to the brightness. There is no doubting they are very, very pink.

Back